Premed 101 Forums

What GPA do you need to maintain in the application year in order to keep your offer?

30 minutes ago, Soltan said:

Hey guys 

I'll be applying after my third year and I was just wondering how important my 4th year marks are (especially for Ontario med schools) as I know they're not used in the GPA calculation. 

You should aim to get the highest grades you can in 4th year as well, regardless, in case you don't get in right away and have to reapply. If you do get an acceptance, you'll usually have to maintain certain marks in that year to keep your acceptance (varies by medical school). So all in all, it's better to be safe than sorry and still try as hard as you can in 4th year :) 

2 hours ago, caramilk said:

You should aim to get the highest grades you can in 4th year as well, regardless, in case you don't get in right away and have to reapply. If you do get an acceptance, you'll usually have to maintain certain marks in that year to keep your acceptance (varies by medical school). So all in all, it's better to be safe than sorry and still try as hard as you can in 4th year :) 

Thank you. When would they let you know what GPA you need to maintain? Is it after you receive your offer of admission?

Archived