Premed 101 Forums

Firm acceptance to UofT on ORPAS

Hey!

So I got an offer at UofT for PT and I want to firmly accept it; however, the email I got from UofT makes me think that I should wait until I receive my package: 

"Please refer to the mailed package for additional steps required to accept this offer. We encourage you to begin the process immediately by visiting www.ouac.on.ca/orpas/"

I'm confused what additional steps are required. Should I just wait until I receive the package or has anyone already accepted it?

Congrats on the offer! For most (if not all) professional healthcare programs, you're usually required to submit a deposit to hold your spot, a CPR certification, vulnerable screening check, etc. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what they're referring to when they say "additional steps". 

Does your email mention anything about this? I got info about these steps in my Mac OT offer email. 

9 minutes ago, churros31 said:

Congrats on the offer! For most (if not all) professional healthcare programs, you're usually required to submit a deposit to hold your spot, a CPR certification, vulnerable screening check, etc. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what they're referring to when they say "additional steps". 

Does your email mention anything about this? I got info about these steps in my Mac OT offer email. 

Thank you! :)

But these additional steps are required prior to the first day of class I'm guessing, right? Not until the due date of accepting the offer?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Thank you! :)

But these additional steps are required prior to the first day of class I'm guessing, right? Not until the due date of accepting the offer?

No problem :)

Definitely before the first day of class, and I highly doubt they expect you to have all that ready by the due date for the offer. For Mac OT, the deadline for submitting those docs is end of July, and for Queens PT it's early August!

26 minutes ago, churros31 said:

No problem :)

Definitely before the first day of class, and I highly doubt they expect you to have all that ready by the due date for the offer. For Mac OT, the deadline for submitting those docs is end of July, and for Queens PT it's early August!

Okay awesome! So do you think it's safe to accept the offer on ORPAS? haha

Archived