Premed 101 Forums

2018 UdM MD LISTE D'ATTENTE

Salutt/Hi wanted to do a topic to update University students who are waitlisted! Je voulais créer un thread afin de suivre l'évolution de la liste d'attente durant l'été.

Aussi félicitations à ceux et celles qui sont admis!!!! Congrats to all that are accepted! It's a huge accomplishment!!! For the rest let's keep trying!

Bac Non-Connexe

Votre résultat obtenu aux MEM : 75%

Moyenne des résultats obtenus aux MEM : 65%

Rang #12

Chances?

Le tableau n’aide pas vraiment, dans le sens qu’on garde toujours le même rang et qu’on n’est pas mis au courant des désistements de la LA. Le mieux c’est de faire un suivi avec Isabelle Tremblay selon moi. Par ailleurs, les mouvements de la LA sont très aléatoires d’une année à l’autre, mais un facteur important est le nombre d’offres faites initialement. Je me demande personnellement s’ils ont fait plus d’offres que l’an passé la permière journée. C’est une possibilité vu que mon rang est beaucoup plus élevé que l’an passé malgré des statistiques relativement très similaires.

• 2 weeks later...

Est-ce qu'il y a des gens qui ont annulé leur place sur la liste d'attente avec BAC de l'UdeM ou des gens qui ont refusé leurs offres d'admission? je suis 20e sur la liste alors mes chances sont minces j'imagine.

2 hours ago, 2018MEDPLEASE said:

Anyone get any offers on the waitlist Bac Connexe ou Non-Connexe ??? Merci!!!

Some applicants on the waitlist might hear back from UdeM tomorrow since the deadline is tonight at 11:59pm for the ones who got accepted on the first day. I'm assuming they'll make offers at past 11pm, just like they did on the 16th. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

J'ai été accepté en médecine récemment, 11e sur la liste d'attente, contingent universitaire connexe. Je suis sans mot! Pour tout le monde qui essai, continuez d'essayer, il faut savoir que tu auras toujours une chance de rentrer, et que si c'est ta passion, ton rêve, il ne faut jamais abandonner, malgré qu'on peut avoir une vision pessimiste sur ses chances! Maximiser vos notes, pratiquez l'entrevue, bâtissez votre caractère à travers vos expériences et vous aller y arriver!

Je serais toujours la en message privé (et possiblement dans le forum) comme de nombreuses personnes m'ont supportées ici et je vais essayer de rendre la pareille.

Dans une optique plus factuelle, sachez que la dernière fois qu'il y a eu autant d'offres qu'il y avait de places à la première vague, la LA connexe s'est rendue a 19. Il faut considérer une diminution du nombre place au Québec en médecine, mais avec un peu de chance, on pourrait retrouver quelque chose de similaire cette année.

Bonne chance et bonne continuation!

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I got my acceptance yesterday I was 12# UdM campus Mauricie. It was a long journey. Best of luck everyone if you have any any questions about the process. PM me !!!! Do not give up!!!!!  Keep trying. Keep pushing. It was my second try with UdM and third overall plus I was ready to apply again. To everyone accepted can’t wait to be your collègue. To everyone waiting and/or refused can’t wait to meet you once you’re accepted in the near future. It will happen! 

8 hours ago, 2018MEDPLEASE said:

Guys I got my acceptance yesterday I was 12# UdM campus Mauricie. It was a long journey. Best of luck everyone if you have any any questions about the process. PM me !!!! Do not give up!!!!!  Keep trying. Keep pushing. It was my second try with UdM and third overall plus I was ready to apply again. To everyone accepted can’t wait to be your collègue. To everyone waiting and/or refused can’t wait to meet you once you’re accepted in the near future. It will happen! 

Congratulations !!

what was your CRU ?

1 hour ago, TopChef said:

Congratulations !!

what was your CRU ?

Hey TopChef

My background

Law degree : Ottawa U degree obtained (A- average 8/10)

Finance: JMSB (one yr completed) (A average 3.82 GPA)

Other then that they do not consider CV or being a member of any professional order (CPA, Barreau du Québec) unless you apply in the unique categories. 

I only know my CRU based on ULaval (33.6)  they give it to you. UdM does not unless you are officially rejected and only if you request it in a certain time frame end of August early September. I have an estimate of higher than 36 CRU UdM given I recieved my e-mail the first hour of  first interview offers.
UdM and ULaval have totally different CRUs.  I tried asking for mine of last year earlier this year and couldn't obtain it; there is a process.  But I did get 75% at the MEMS this year and last year I did better with 78%. Honestly it varies so much there is legit no way of calculating odds. I left my interview thinking it went super super well and was devastated when I saw my rank on the waitlist.  No idea if you are in or not but keep hustling and reach out to as many people. I was beyond surprised by the humility and genuine kindness of a lot of people already accepted into medicine helping me prepare for interviews.  Do not hesitate to reach out on this forum or elsewhere! It helped me immensely! 

GOODLUCK!!! 

L’été tire bientôt à sa fin et la liste d’attente semble ne plus bouger depuis quelques semaines. J’imagine qu’il y aura peut-être plus d’action vers la fin du mois d’août. D’ici là, je me dis que beaucoup de mes chances cette année dépendent de l’intention de la 12 et 13e personne sur la LA bac connexe complété d’accepter ou non leur offre (mon rang étant 14). L’UdeM ne nous donne pas d’indice par rapport aux désistements à même la liste d’attente, donc c’est aussi une possibilité que ces personnes ne soient plus sur la LA car elles ont eu des offres de leur premier choix d’université. Ça risque de jouer un grand rôle pour moi. Dans cette optique, je me demandais si vous connaissiez ces personnes ainsi que leur intention? J’ai probablement l’air insistant, mais je veux avoir une idée claire de mes chances pour cette année, car il faudrait alors que je commence ma demande en Ontario assez rapidement (idéalement avant le début de mon année scolaire puisque ça semble être beaucoup plus lourd en paperasse que le processus au Québec). Merci d’avance! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, 2018MEDPLEASE said:

Hey TopChef

My background

Law degree : Ottawa U degree obtained (A- average 8/10)

Finance: JMSB (one yr completed) (A average 3.82 GPA)

Other then that they do not consider CV or being a member of any professional order (CPA, Barreau du Québec) unless you apply in the unique categories. 

I only know my CRU based on ULaval (33.6)  they give it to you. UdM does not unless you are officially rejected and only if you request it in a certain time frame end of August early September. I have an estimate of higher than 36 CRU UdM given I recieved my e-mail the first hour of  first interview offers.
UdM and ULaval have totally different CRUs.  I tried asking for mine of last year earlier this year and couldn't obtain it; there is a process.  But I did get 75% at the MEMS this year and last year I did better with 78%. Honestly it varies so much there is legit no way of calculating odds. I left my interview thinking it went super super well and was devastated when I saw my rank on the waitlist.  No idea if you are in or not but keep hustling and reach out to as many people. I was beyond surprised by the humility and genuine kindness of a lot of people already accepted into medicine helping me prepare for interviews.  Do not hesitate to reach out on this forum or elsewhere! It helped me immensely! 

GOODLUCK!!! 

Did you put campus mauricie as your first campus choice or you chose campus montréal as your 1st. 

On 8/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, ZelelXV said:

Did you put campus mauricie as your first campus choice or you chose campus montréal as your 1st. 

I said wherever I just wanted to get in. But MTL is my hometown. After the interviews you had have the option to click you will accept either campus if you get an offer.  Super important to click yes if you just want to get in. 

Archived