Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement Discussions

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bemmaa said:

I’m on the waitlist for U of A and U of M for OT! They don’t tell you your waitlist position unfortunately. Does anyone have any insight to give me hope? :unsure:

You can contact them and ask whether you are on the upper half or lower half of the list for U of A! That might give you hope? 

27 minutes ago, BecomingAnOT said:

You can contact them and ask whether you are on the upper half or lower half of the list for U of A! That might give you hope? 

They will tell you that? I was wait listed at U of A, Dal and Queens OT

I'm #1 on McMaster's OT waitlist. Goodness lol. I feel hopeful but can't rest until the actual waitlist movements start. From what I hear, all schools send out additional admission offers in anticipation of first-rounds of offers being declined and only then they move on to the waitlist. I'm reapplying this year and generally many people get admisison offer from the waitlist, so there's hope. June 1st is the deadline for people that got first round of offers. So we should get an update around that time. Fingers crossed and all the best!!

Just now, OThopeful18 said:

I'm #1 on McMaster's OT waitlist. Goodness lol. I feel hopeful but can't rest until the actual waitlist movements start. From what I hear, all schools send out additional admission offer in anticipation of first-rounds of offers being declined and only then they move on to the waitlist. I'm reapplying this year and generally many people get admisison offer from the waitlist, so there's hope. June 1st is the deadline for people that got first round of offers. So we should get an update around that time. Fingers crossed and all the best!!

I’ve heard all programs send more offers than seats. I wonder how many, or how true this is as I’ve only really seen people talk about it in this forum. I would definitely bet on you getting in though at #1 haha!

14 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

I don’t know what to do now. My backup school in the UK requires 1500 GBP deposit (like $2600 CAD) by June 1st, but won’t hear about waitlist movement here until afterwards.. ughh. 

Do you know your waitlist position? That's a big amount of money on the line :S

1 minute ago, OThopeful18 said:

Do you know your waitlist position? That's a big amount of money on the line :S

I know, it's quite a lot of coin. I'm #20. Trying to stay positive but don't know what to expect. All I know is they went approx 28/29 spots last year based on others here who got in. But I've read threads from past years of people throwing out smaller numbers.

1 hour ago, Rehab4Life said:

I know, it's quite a lot of coin. I'm #20. Trying to stay positive but don't know what to expect. All I know is they went approx 28/29 spots last year based on others here who got in. But I've read threads from past years of people throwing out smaller numbers.

I think you should get through but I would pay the 2600$ to the UK physio school.  Let say you don't get in, then you waste a year. Just pay the 2600$ just as a insurance 

24 minutes ago, Zurv said:

I think you should get through but I would pay the 2600$ to the UK physio school.  Let say you don't get in, then you waste a year. Just pay the 2600$ just as a insurance 

Yeah... it’s a lot of $ to swallow if I get in off the waitlist. I’m thinking my 2 options are 1) pay the UK deposit; or 2) Defer the acceptance (if they allow me) to next year and just work and save more $ until then. I’ll be a year older though! 

29 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

Yeah... it’s a lot of $ to swallow if I get in off the waitlist. I’m thinking my 2 options are 1) pay the UK deposit; or 2) Defer the acceptance (if they allow me) to next year and just work and save more $ until then. I’ll be a year older though! 

some schools give u a portion of the money back. You said you were accepted to 3 UK university. Find out which one gives you the deposit back?

52 minutes ago, Zurv said:

some schools give u a portion of the money back. You said you were accepted to 3 UK university. Find out which one gives you the deposit back?

Oh I didn’t know that thanks, I’ll ask the schools. I just feel like an ass being like “do we get any portion of our deposit back if we decide not to attend, as I am waiting to hear back from local schools?” Lol..

12 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

Oh I didn’t know that thanks, I’ll ask the schools. I just feel like an ass being like “do we get any portion of our deposit back if we decide not to attend, as I am waiting to hear back from local schools?” Lol..

Make up some excuse if you must. I would really love to come ____ but I am can't just commit fully until X date depending on my (health reasons/job offers etc...). So I was just wondering if it possible full or portion of my deposit back.

Something like that

54 minutes ago, vincel892 said:

Does anyone know how much the U of T waitlist moves for PT ? Im currently 9th on the waitlist :S.

Idk but based on what I've heard you in!

I am sure 9 accepted people will have some other plans.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:54 PM, Rehab4Life said:

I’ve heard all programs send more offers than seats. I wonder how many, or how true this is as I’ve only really seen people talk about it in this forum. I would definitely bet on you getting in though at #1 haha!

There was a video on the Queens PT admissions website a year or two ago about their admissions selection process. It was very detailed and unfortunately I can't find it anymore, but I definitely remember them saying they send out 125 offers for 74 spots!

Edit: I found the link to the video! https://stream.queensu.ca/Watch/Ji38Bwj5

Skip to 10-14 mins to hear about their selection process.

Archived