Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement Discussions

51 minutes ago, OT20188 said:

Hey! I got off the waitlist for U of T OT a few days ago via email. Best of luck to you!! 

Hey! I got off the waitlist for U of T OT few days ago as well. I was just wondering, do you know the difference between firm and provisional acceptance? I believe firm acceptance will guarantee you a spot but if you provisional accept, is there some sort of deadline?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, OT-hjk said:

Hey! I got off the waitlist for U of T OT few days ago as well. I was just wondering, do you know the difference between firm and provisional acceptance? I believe firm acceptance will guarantee you a spot but if you provisional accept, is there some sort of deadline?

As far as I know, they are both acceptances but if you provisionally accept that means you still want to be considered for another school. But if U of T is the one you want you can just firmly accept.

If I provisionally accepted, do I need to change it to firm acceptance myself my tomorrow? Or will it automatically change to firm without me having to do anything? That being if I don't get off the waitlist for the school I'm waiting for.

7 minutes ago, PTinBC said:

If I provisionally accepted, do I need to change it to firm acceptance myself my tomorrow? Or will it automatically change to firm without me having to do anything? That being if I don't get off the waitlist for the school I'm waiting for.

From the link below, it states that it automatically becomes firm. Hope that helps.

https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/when-do-provisional-acceptances-become-firm/

22 minutes ago, physiochick123 said:

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter from McMaster PT. Got off the waitlist and was #26, will most likely be declining this as already accepted doing my thesis-based masters in Rehab Science at McMaster! Good luck everyone! 

Wow, the waitlist has moved quite a bit!

Congrats!

On June 14, 2018 at 10:39 PM, hopefulstudent94 said:

Did anyone hear anything for U of A OT yet? 

I haven't heard anything yet! I was told I am in the top 25%. 

From looking on a previous post I saw that someone on the wait list heard back on June 28, 2017 and someone else heard back on June 18, 2017. So fingers crossed we start hearing back soon!

Hey all I just wanted to drop a line and say I got accepted into U of A PT off the waitlist! It's definitely been a tough month and a half of being on edge and refreshing e-mails. For any one else on the wait list looking to see where they're at: I was told I was top 20% out of 70 people, then top 10% out of 60 people 2 weeks later. Assuming only people ahead of me were accepting/rejecting offers (i.e. no one after me dropping out of the wait list position), I was probably 11th-14th.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the orientation!

Archived