Premed 101 Forums

From my understanding, UBC won't just give you an 85%. They don't disclose how exactly they come up with the competitive average. I am sure they take everything into consideration when calculating Competitive MPT GPA's. If you are getting 90+ percent in your classes regardless if the letter grade is an A and not an A+, I am sure you have a strong GPA. However, if you want a better understanding of where you stand, convert your grade to a 4.33 scale and look on the forums of other applicants who were offered an interview and accepted into the program. Some applicants have posted their GPA's on a 4.33 scale and you can compare!

This is from the UBC MPT Website.

The admissions office does not disclose its grading conversion tables to applicantsThe office does not disclose in detail how the Competitive MPT Admissions GPA is calculated. Final GPA calculations are the decision of the admissions office and will not be disclosed to applicants.  

Best of luck!

1 minute ago, PThopeful23 said:

From my understanding, UBC won't just give you an 85%. They don't disclose how exactly they come up with the competitive average. I am sure they take everything into consideration when calculating Competitive MPT GPA's. If you are getting 90+ percent in your classes regardless if the letter grade is an A and not an A+, I am sure you have a strong GPA. However, if you want a better understanding of where you stand, convert your grade to a 4.33 scale and look on the forums of other applicants who were offered an interview and accepted into the program. Some applicants have posted their GPA's on a 4.33 scale and you can compare!

This is from the UBC MPT Website.

The admissions office does not disclose its grading conversion tables to applicantsThe office does not disclose in detail how the Competitive MPT Admissions GPA is calculated. Final GPA calculations are the decision of the admissions office and will not be disclosed to applicants.  

Best of luck!

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better! I will look into that, thank you!

Archived