Premed 101 Forums

Course load per year for each of those years? Have you completed your degree (and minor) after the 5 years?

Assuming you've calculated everything correctly, you have a shot at many of those schools after a 5th year and doing another for a slight increase (assuming another 4.0?) is probably not time or cost effective. GPA is just one component of admissions, and I'm sure you have more room for improvement elsewhere instead of doing another year of UG for the sake of improving GPA by 0.01-0.04 (and that is assuming a perfect GPA, which may not happen...).

19 hours ago, adhominem said:

Course load per year for each of those years? Have you completed your degree (and minor) after the 5 years?

Assuming you've calculated everything correctly, you have a shot at many of those schools after a 5th year and doing another for a slight increase (assuming another 4.0?) is probably not time or cost effective. GPA is just one component of admissions, and I'm sure you have more room for improvement elsewhere instead of doing another year of UG for the sake of improving GPA by 0.01-0.04 (and that is assuming a perfect GPA, which may not happen...).

Full course load per year. I've completed my degree in the fourth year, but since I added the minor in fourth year it will take 2 years to complete due to scheduling, but if I choose to graduate after year 5 I'll have to abandon the minor and graduate with just my major.

3 hours ago, bill number said:

Full course load per year. I've completed my degree in the fourth year, but since I added the minor in fourth year it will take 2 years to complete due to scheduling, but if I choose to graduate after year 5 I'll have to abandon the minor and graduate with just my major.

That's sort of odd. You can do an entire second bachelor's degree in two years if you have your first degree in hand. Why would a minor take two additional years with a full course load? 

4 hours ago, adhominem said:

That's sort of odd. You can do an entire second bachelor's degree in two years if you have your first degree in hand. Why would a minor take two additional years with a full course load? 

prerequisites? I mean you can do some programs rapidly but a lot of degrees you cannot do in 2 years just because the courses won't line up - particularly for the years one and two. Usually if you do super fast I think it is because you happen to have some of the intros already in hand. A new minor probably has a course progression you haven't factored yet into your plans.  

9 hours ago, adhominem said:

The minor has 10 courses which couldn't all fit into one year, so unfortunately the courses are spread out into two years. This wouldn't be an issue if I had chosen the minor after my first year of undergrad as most students do, so that my elective courses could go towards completing minor courses.

Archived