Premed 101 Forums

Missassauga med students

Hey there!

Are any of you going to live off campus? What are the best places to live in mississauga? I'm thinking that Streetsville seems pretty cool but I'd love to get input into what else is out there. I'm looking for a place that feels like a real community and not so much suburbia. Any comments would be welcomed! :)

Cheers,

Noodle

Hey guys,

Although I don't know much about Mississauga, when I was there for my interview, the first years advised us that if you are thinking of living off-campus look at the bus routes in Mississauga and try to find accommodation close to one of the bus lines that comes to UTM. Hope that helps.

The only neighbourhoods I can think of off the top of my head that would work would be:

- City Centre (around Square One, lots of condos, fairly walkable)

- Port Credit (around Lakeshore, might be a bit more expensive, nice community though)

- Streetsville (don't know much about Streetsville, but it seems like a nice place)

Hey

Im not an incoming med student. But I've lived in Mississauga for 15 years, and used transit for much of that time. If I were in your shoes, and was going to rely on transit, I would definitely live near city centre. Its expensive, but wow will it make your life that much better.

Transit in Mississauga is a disaster outside of the core downtown area. Frequency of buses decreases and the rides become longer to get to anyplace meaningful. Near downtown (city centre), more frequent busses, and shorter rides to anywhere, and often one bus will take you close to your destination. SQ1 mall, and plenty of food and night time activities. Plus the GO Busses stop right there, so going to another city is not a headache. Also, a lot of activities take place there! From concerts to family BBQ events.

If you find its too much for you, and you want something a little quieter, and little more "residential", an appt near south common mall is an option. (1 straight bus to campus, only a 10 min ride I think). But really, any place near a transit terminal with at least a direct bus to campus should be fine.

good luck!

Archived