Premed 101 Forums

McGill OT waitlist (QY)

May I ask Cherry123 your R score because I am also on the waiting list and I would like to know if I stand a chance. I was accepted in PT at Chicoutimi and I've heard it's in conjunction with Mc Gill. But I would like to stay in MTL. If my R score is too far behind from yours, I need to start looking for an apartment in Chicoutimi

May I ask Cherry123 your R score because I am also on the waiting list and I would like to know if I stand a chance. I was accepted in PT at Chicoutimi and I've heard it's in conjunction with Mc Gill. But I would like to stay in MTL. If my R score is too far behind from yours, I need to start looking for an apartment in Chicoutimi

I think that Cherry123 got accepted in OT, not PT... so the grades required for admission is quite different. Also, from what I see, she got accepted in the Qualifying Year (QY), not the undergraduate bachelor degree program, which is completely different... and they don't use R-score (I don't think she's from CEGEP). Instead, they use the GPA.

I got in to OT as an undergrad the week before the program started - my R-score was just under 30. I think that the minimum R-score has increased in the few years since I started, so keep that in mind. If you call, they may tell you your # on the waitlist.

How do you get the woman at Mc Gill to tell you your rank on the waiting list?

She was adamant no matter how hard I pleaded. Should I ask to talk to Mr Dansereau? Who is he ?

In the letter, they SPECIFICALLY said they would not mention your ranking so how do people in this forum got their in formation? Any tips to get them to spill the bean? :P

I think that Cherry123 got accepted in OT, not PT... so the grades required for admission is quite different. Also, from what I see, she got accepted in the Qualifying Year (QY), not the undergraduate bachelor degree program, which is completely different... and they don't use R-score (I don't think she's from CEGEP). Instead, they use the GPA.

Yep, I got accepted into the QY for OT:)

blablabla, I definitely wouldn't give up hope for the QY waitlist until the summer ends! It seems they do continue to go down the list even until late August (that's what we were told at the interview).

How do you get the woman at Mc Gill to tell you your rank on the waiting list?

She was adamant no matter how hard I pleaded. Should I ask to talk to Mr Dansereau? Who is he ?

In the letter, they SPECIFICALLY said they would not mention your ranking so how do people in this forum got their in formation? Any tips to get them to spill the bean? :P

Mr Dansereau is not a name I know, so it must have been a different administrator. This was a few years ago so maybe their policies have changed

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, I got accepted into the QY for OT:)

blablabla, I definitely wouldn't give up hope for the QY waitlist until the summer ends! It seems they do continue to go down the list even until late August (that's what we were told at the interview).

Got my accetpance yesturday! Don't give up guys.. there's still hope!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived