Premed 101 Forums

U of A Admissions 2018

Thanks for the quick reply! I live in Calgary. I hope I'm not flat out rejected :( I thought my interview helped to save me from my horrendous DAT score. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

GPA: 3.89

DAT: 15 MDT/ 20 PAT/ 23 RC

Interview: 45/49

According to the calculations most of you guys have been doing, I sit at 87.7

It was also Canada day yesterday so that might have delayed the letters a bit. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply! I live in Calgary. I hope I'm not flat out rejected :( I thought my interview helped to save me from my horrendous DAT score. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

DAT: 15 MDT/ 20 PAT/ 23 RC

Interview: 45/49

According to the calculations most of you guys have been doing, I sit at 87.7

Wow, with that interview score I'm surprised you didn't get accepted a month ago! You sure there wasn't a mix up? And yeah, I got notified by mail. 'Alternate list' was the lingo in my letter iirc.

Sometimes I wonder if there was an error in reporting my interview score. Even I couldn't believe it when I received the email in mid April. I feel like calling the admissions office so badly, but I'm afraid of annoying them. I guess I'll sit tight until other people post about acceptances. Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I got my acceptance letter this morning. From my experience from last year, I received my rejection letter on July 2nd, which was the same day that everyone else received their acceptance etc. letters. Just hang in there hopefully you'll hear something soon.

yeah if you dont get an acceptance this week, its a good idea to give them a call. you have good scores. you should have got one in my opinion. dont worry about annoying them.

Sometimes I wonder if there was an error in reporting my interview score. Even I couldn't believe it when I received the email in mid April. I feel like calling the admissions office so badly, but I'm afraid of annoying them. I guess I'll sit tight until other people post about acceptances. Thank you everyone for your replies :)

Got wait listed,

From Ontario

GPA 3.94

DAT 21 21 22 I think

Interview only 31/49 :(

Thought I was gonna be rejected for sure considering I didn't even get an interview in some other universities, but at least there is some hope.

I got my acceptance letter this morning. From my experience from last year, I received my rejection letter on July 2nd, which was the same day that everyone else received their acceptance etc. letters. Just hang in there hopefully you'll here something soon.

Congratulations! Would you mind posting your stats?

Congratulations! Would you mind posting your stats?

Thanks topoisomerase! My stats were:

GPA: 3.74

DAT: PAT 23/MDT 28/RC 20 = 71/90

Interview Score: 41/49

Total Score: 87.4

Based on your scores I think you should be receiving an acceptance letter soon!

Hey guys,

I haven't received any letter yet from U of A and it's kind of freaking me out. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

DAT: PAT 22, RC 22, MDT 26 = 70/90

Interview: 34/49

I guess my index score would be 85.4. I called the U of A but she didn't really tell me anything at all. What do you guys think? Have any of your status' changed on beartracks?

Hey guys,

I haven't received any letter yet from U of A and it's kind of freaking me out. Here are my stats:

4th year IP

DAT: PAT 22, RC 22, MDT 26 = 70/90

Interview: 34/49

I guess my index score would be 85.4. I called the U of A but she didn't really tell me anything at all. What do you guys think? Have any of your status' changed on beartracks?

My stats are almost identical (0.03 lower on GPA) and I got a waitlist letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! you must be so thrilled! this news kind of scares me though as my overall score is higher then yours and i still have not gotten any news :(

making me think that UofA didnt get my letter or something. ugh.. the struggle continues.

accepted off waitlist!

see you in september!

Congrats! you must be so thrilled! this news kind of scares me though as my overall score is higher then yours and i still have not gotten any news :(

making me think that UofA didnt get my letter or something. ugh.. the struggle continues.

doesnt hurt to give them a call

Archived