Premed 101 Forums

2Nd Year Transfers In Dental School

• 2 weeks later...

Schools with similar first year curriculum. I spoke to a guy who transferred from BU many years ago.

On a related note, i applied to transfer back to uwo and uoft this past summer. uwo had no spots open where as uoft had 9. Does anyone know if 9 people actually dropped out of first year?

gRUeFRg.png

I feel like I really missed the boat there with uoft, but I think I enjoy by university and not so competitive class more. Maybe it was my curriculum too. I hadnt taken path, micro, pharm, and my pros started with crowns and bridges where as uoft started with rpd or something else.

So if you want to transfer its good grades/rank, and a very similar first year curriculum.

Schools with similar first year curriculum. I spoke to a guy who transferred from BU many years ago.

On a related note, i applied to transfer back to uwo and uoft this past summer. uwo had no spots open where as uoft had 9. Does anyone know if 9 people actually dropped out of first year?

gRUeFRg.png

I feel like I really missed the boat there with uoft, but I think I enjoy by university and not so competitive class more. Maybe it was my curriculum too. I hadnt taken path, micro, pharm, and my pros started with crowns and bridges where as uoft started with rpd or something else.

So if you want to transfer its good grades/rank, and a very similar first year curriculum.

From what I gather 2 people dropped out of the class below me (the class you tried to transfer into), but for the most part its because they increased the class size. Nobody dropped out of my class and we still got 7 transfer students.

Its not as transparent as applying normally for first year. They ask for undergrad grades, dental school grades, detailed outline of all classes taken in dschool and an optional 1pg cover letter.

I think you can apply from any dental school. They key thing is that the curriculum have to be equivalent

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Do any second year Dental Students on here from either UWO or UofT have any transfer students from the US in their class? If so do you happen to know what schools they came from?

Thanks!

I have a friend who has already graduated UWO and in his class he had three students who transferred in from the U.S - one from Case, one from NYU and the third I think but am not sure was possibly from Nova.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived