Premed 101 Forums

Official Casper Sim Score Thread

I went to go do the free sample test and they asked for a password. I tried putting in a random one thinking I was making a new account and I got an error message. Then I went into the "My Account" section of the website to try to make an account. Did so, then went back into do the sample test and it told me I already attempted it. Refreshed the browser and it let me fill out my name, but once again requested a password. I entered in the preset one they emailed me and it said the password was incorrect. Geez. Serves me right for being late on board I guess  <_<

Is there something I am missing here? Where is this mysterious password we are supposed to be using?

Dear Examinee,

You are receiving this e-mail because you recently attempted a free Sample CASPer Test from CASPer SIM and requested your score report.  Unfortunately, due to abuse of our free Score Report, we have stopped issuing score reports for our free Sample CASPer Test.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for considering CASPer SIM in your CASPer Test Preparation.

Best Wishes,

The CASPer SIM Team

Congrats.

I'm trying to stay positive. Did FL#2 and got my score: 43.8 :( but I ran out of time on a few of the questions and had to leave several blank. Time was really tight.

I also did poorly :(

I got a report but the report doesn't really address any of your answers specifically. Not sure what or where I need to improve most. 

I went to go do the free sample test and they asked for a password. I tried putting in a random one thinking I was making a new account and I got an error message. Then I went into the "My Account" section of the website to try to make an account. Did so, then went back into do the sample test and it told me I already attempted it. Refreshed the browser and it let me fill out my name, but once again requested a password. I entered in the preset one they emailed me and it said the password was incorrect. Geez. Serves me right for being late on board I guess  <_<

Is there something I am missing here? Where is this mysterious password we are supposed to be using?

There wasn't a password required when I did mine?

I also did poorly :(

I got a report but the report doesn't really address any of your answers specifically. Not sure what or where I need to improve most. 

sorry to hear :( ... I wasn't expecting the score report to give me feedback on my answers and the score report/performance profile were helpful in identifying which areas I needed to work on .... but I'm finding it hard to improve when I don't know specifically which of my answers are lacking and need improvement.  

Hopefully I won't have to see this test again! Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

I got ~70th percentile (I paid for the full test, and rush scoring... I wanted to know if I should plan for a maybe-interview, or failure). I found the star-line-rating to be pretty vague, and exploring the low-rated-topics more didn't really help me on the test. I don't think there's much one can do aside from work on timing, typing speed, and articulation.

I was happy to know where I stood. I hope I did a tiny bit better on the CASPer than I did on the SIM, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. If I messed up this year, I can always apply again next year. :) 

Full Length 2 = 63.7

The score report contains a graph showing the areas you need to work on but the downside is it does not indicate of which scenarios or answers were the culprit.

However, the questions, style and delivery of my casper SIM test was very representative of my casper actual test so it would have been amazing if the score report gave you more details in terms of identifying which specific questions/answers I needed to work on.

Full Length 2 = 63.7

The score report contains a graph showing the areas you need to work on but the downside is it does not indicate of which scenarios or answers were the culprit.

However, the questions, style and delivery of my casper SIM test was very representative of my casper actual test so it would have been amazing if the score report gave you more details in terms of identifying which specific questions/answers I needed to work on.

Yeah, I found the graph pretty useless. I scored high, for instance, on resilience, but really low on something else related to tenacity..... I would have loved to be told which answers were terrible! This would have been more useful than a star-graph. Plus, using the star-graph to refine answers would not have helped AT ALL in the actual CASPer.... I mean, maybe I need to show (for example) more examples of professionalism...but, my life experiences are still what they are, and - short of something awful happening in the time between the sim and the actual CASPer - I cannot change them quite so quickly!!! However, if I needed to change how I expressed something, I would have liked to know what, exactly, I messed up on. Oh well. 

However, I agree that the actual set-up of the test was good. It made me feel more comfortable with the actual CASPer. I also was happy to learn where I was at. I used another prep company at first, but I thought this one had the best practice tests. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I really wouldn't put any emphasis on this CASPER SIM. Please do yourselves the favour of not falsely discouraging yourselves.

I agree to some extent since applicants NEVER actually receive their official CASPer score.  From that perspective, getting a high score on these tests doesn't guarantee anything in terms of receiving an interview at Mac or Ottawa because there are other factors.   However, having done several of these tests myself last year and the real CASPer test, I can vouch that EVERYTHING about these practice tests is very comparable to the real deal.       

It's worth exploring to see if there are any identifying patterns which may be helpful for future applicants .... much in the same way med students in the states often use USMLE world test bank percentile scores to try and estimate their actual USMLE step performance.    

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, I used these tests extensively prepare for CASPer.  

First CASPer SIM early sept 2015 (did so many, can't remember which form it was) = 47.4%

Last CASPer SIM late Oct 2015 form AP3 = 84.3%

I was able to go over my answers after each test which really helped me understand and allowed me to improve.  

Reapplicant with lower GPA and I received an invite from McMaster !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I did forms #4-6 and found them helpful to prepare for CASPer. Layout and format was very similar to the real test. Content was also representative.

My Casper sim scores were:

#4 = 58 %

#5 = 67 %

#6 = 79 %

I'm not sure what I ended up getting on the real test but I ultimately received an interview and subsequent admission from NYMC and an interview from McMaster! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived