Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Dentistry 2020 Statistics

Hi all, 

The stats haven't been released, but in case you were wondering how the ABS/PS affected the average for our class... it didn't really.

Academic Average: ~89.9% 

The DAT was consistent with the past few years, more or less. 

With that being said, there was someone who was interviewed with a low-80 average (far below the cut-off of 87.5% in previous years). I do not know the minimum average that was admitted. Also, some people were invited to the interview with an 18 RC, but that may have been an error from the Admissions Office. The minimum for next year will likely be 19 RC (like previous years).

I would say that the biggest change that the ABS/PS brought to our class is the fact that we have 15-16 students with graduate degrees, two of which who have a PhD degree. This is a significant change in the class demographic. 

Good luck to all! 

Hi all, 

The stats haven't been released, but in case you were wondering how the ABS/PS affected the average for our class... it didn't really.

With that being said, there was someone who was interviewed with a low-80 average (far below the cut-off of 87.5% in previous years). I do not know the minimum average that was admitted. Also, some people were invited to the interview with an 18 RC, but that may have been an error from the Admissions Office. The minimum for next year will likely be 19 RC (like previous years).

I would say that the biggest change that the ABS/PS brought to our class is the fact that we have 15-16 students with graduate degrees, two of which who have a PhD degree. This is a significant change in the class demographic. 

Good luck to all! 

Do you have any idea how heavily the DAT AA is weighted? 

Thanks so much for the information by the way :)

Hi all, 

Good luck to all! 

Would you say the 15 Grad students coming this year was just a coincidence, or is the school now looking for more grad students vs undergrads?

Would you say the 15 Grad students coming this year was just a coincidence, or is the school now looking for more grad students vs undergrads?

The ABS/PS - as well as the interview - favours more mature students, imho. The number of people coming straight out of a four-year undergrad is a minority (<10 students). Most people have been out of undergrad for two or more years, during which they were able to rack experiences (professional and life experiences) through work, graduate degrees, travelling, etc. 

So, I don't think the school is looking for graduate students per se, but rather the change in the admission process favoured those who have grad degrees. 

Head of admissions said this was an anomaly, so it's not certain. the average was still more or less the same, but use the ABS/PS to your advantage...doing a masters was probably a function of that, so just do something else that stands out as well. hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

Archived