Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About PD23

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

2,042 profile views
  1. I just spoke to my MD advisor at UofT and they said prime minus a quarter is what should be offered at Scotia for SPSP program. I was initially offered prime as well so I called them and they said they would rectify it
  2. Just got my infinite passport credit card today with my line of credit. Do you have to sign up anywhere to redeem the lounge access? Also for anyone wondering, there is a bonus 25,000 travel points for anyone who signs up w Scotia and spends $1000 within the first 3 months
  3. Out of curiosity, what is the 'average' amount that is taken from a line of credit for first-year med students? In my case, tuition is around $25,000 and OSAP is covering about $17,000. Just signed a 1 yr lease for a condo ($2000/month) downtown Toronto which I am splitting with a roommate.
  4. Congrats to all those who have been accepted! For those on the waitlist, keep your hopes up. I will be removing my name from the waitlist today to accept UofT
  5. Result: Accepted to St. George Timestamp: April 17, 2018 GPA: 3.90 wGPA: 3.99 MCAT: met cutoffs ECs: Quite diverse, with music as a lens to expanding community outreach Essays: Spent a few weeks on them, very personal and focused on CanMEDs Research: Spent 2 years doing research at McMaster Interview: Loved it. My favorite interview this cycle Year: Graduated 2017 Geography: IP
  6. Result: Waitlisted cGPA: 3.90 (wGPA 3.99) MCAT: 518 (127 CARS) ECs: Pretty diverse. PM for more details Interview: MMI was meh, Panel went great imo. Year: Graduated. Working Geography: IP
  7. Result: Accepted! cGPA: 3.90 (wGPA 3.93) CASPer: Felt great! Read Doing Right and was confident about my answering style after refining it over the last 3 years ECs: Pretty diverse. PM for more details Interview: It was my first one and I was so nervous. Could honestly feel my voice tremble and stutter on the times they challenged me. Very cold panel but all the prep seems to have paid off! Can never really tell with these sorts of things I guess. Year: Graduated. Working Geography: IP
  8. Oh heartbreaking... but I knew it was over after game 3. Fingers crossed that some better news arrives this morning. #UniversityOfLeBronto
  9. Agreed. The CASPer and CARS score each make up a third of your overall application score. That would give you greater bang for your buck
  10. You’re at about the average GPA of those who were accepted for the class of 2020. However, I would suggest aiming for a 128+ in CARS and practicing for CASPer. I had a 3.90 GPA, 127 CARS and was rejected pre interview so perhaps my CARS and CASPer held me back. I got an interview at Ottawa though so CASPer couldn’t have gone that terribly Source: http://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/docs/default-source/admissions/classof2020.pdf?sfvrsn=2 classof2020.pdf
  11. Agreed. Dropping $500 to have some sense of security seems like a reasonable sum. If I do get accepted to medicine, losing the deposit would probably be the last thing on my mind. Thank you for your perspective @Eudaimonia
  12. The deposit is unfortunately not refundable. To be honest, I applied before receiving any interviews because I wasn't even sure I would get any. Nursing was definitely a plan B and I heard only good things about UofT's program. I was surprised to hear back so early because friends of mine in past years got their acceptances in June. Hearing from them in early April definitely caught me off guard. If I decline, working at the hospital for one more year is another option. They said I could email them again after May 8th but at that point, a spot would not be guaranteed. I'm so torn because I fee
  13. Hi everyone, I'm in sort of a predicament and looking to get some opinions. I applied to U of T Bloomberg's accelerated 2 year RN program. I recently heard back and was accepted! However, the deadline to respond is April 27th which is ONE WEEK before I hear back from my medical school interviews. I emailed the faculty asking if I could get an extension but they unfortunately refused me. The only way to reserve my spot is to simply accept the current offer with a security deposit of $500 and back out later on if I get accepted to med. Should I just accept the L and pay the $500 or just tes
  • Create New...