Premed 101 Forums

UBC Medical Student Offering Application Review and Interview Prep to Canadian and US Medical Schools

About me 
I’m an Ontario resident with extensive experience in CASPER prep, personal statements, essays (UofT, Calgary, Dalhousie, Memorial, AMCAS), and ABS statements. 

I will teach you how to best highlight your experiences/activities to make it memorable for reviewers.

What I can do for you

Application Review
Writing your ABS statements and essays is like playing a game. Those who understand the rules of the game receive interviews. I will help you highlight the important aspects of your experiences to make your application memorable to the reviewer. You need to tell your unique story and I will guide you through this process.

Cost: $70/hour. $55/hour for long-term package.

CASPER Prep

Many students need to practice typing and responding to questions using simulated CASPER examinations. Major companies (Astroff, Bemo) offer these simulations. I will evaluate the quality of your responses to determine if you were successful in showcasing your experiences and thought process.

Cost: $70/hour. $55/hour for long-term package. 

Interview Prep

There are three elements to a great interview:
1.    Content
2.    Structure and Organization
3.    Personality

Once you have a sufficient knowledge base, you need to organize your responses to ensure clarity. Then, despite having organization you need to come off personable in your voice, posture, and facial expression. I will assist you in each of the three interview elements:
1.    Content: I will provide you with the resources you need to build a solid foundation base for which to draw your responses on.
2.    Organization: I will teach you my own strategies for organizing a response.
3.    Personality: I will evaluate your body language and intonation.

I am familiar with the MMI, MPI, and traditional/panel.

Cost $85/hour. $70 for long-term package. 

If you are interested in my services, feel free to message me. I can meet with students through Skype or in-person.

Note: I am responsible for adhering to professional standards and WILL NOT write your application for you or share any interview questions I encountered during my own interviews.  

• 2 years later...