Premed 101 Forums

French Casper Date

I personally took the French CASPer on October 22nd, which I believe was the latest date. There was another date around a couple of days or a week before I believe. It unfortunately falls close to midterm season, so be sure to prepare early!

I believe that I saw a previous post saying that there is a cutoff, but either way, you should definitely do your absolute best and prepare beforehand. If you need any advice, let me know!

This is how they previously did it so I cannot say this will be used this year as things are subject to change, but typically you have to score within a certain top percentile of applicants (top 30%) as a cutoff, then your score will be used and weighted against other parameters such as grades and CV to determine your rank for invites.

Hope that clarifies it.

Mr Duck

Thank you. So they take into consideration your ECs for interview invites? Not just gpa and Casper?

Also i will apply to other english speaking schools so my omsas application will be in english (is that okay to apply to french stream  or do i have to fill out an application in french)

Thanks !

You can still apply to the French stream even if you apply to other English schools (aka your application will be in English). Your casper and interview will be in French and hence will be more than enough to test your French speaking capabilities. There is no way for you to fill out the form in both languages or to make a separate account anyways (from my knowledge) so its not possible for you to fill it out in French if you apply to English schools.

Mr Duck

On 7/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, Donald_Duck said:

This is how they previously did it so I cannot say this will be used this year as things are subject to change, but typically you have to score within a certain top percentile of applicants (top 30%) as a cutoff, then your score will be used and weighted against other parameters such as grades and CV to determine your rank for invites.

Hope that clarifies it.

Mr Duck

Wait is it actually top 30%? As in you have to score in the top 30% of CASPer to even have your file advance? Wow, that's intense.

Archived