Premed 101 Forums

Asking for a reference letter

I'm going to ask my former manager for an LOR but I'm not sure whether I would need to send them a CV/Resume. I worked with them and they evaluated me directly, so I'm guessing they wouldn't have any problems thinking of things to say. Is the CV needed in this case?

For my job related one, I just have them the Toronto clusters and said touch on as many things as you can, and gave a few examples of job tasks I did that were reflected by the clusters (which are easier in My opinion for them to talk about vs CANmeds which the clusters are in disguise). They touched slightly on things out of their scope like my volunteering, but I think it should mainly be about what they know or have seen you do. Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, IMislove said:

For my job related one, I just have them the Toronto clusters and said touch on as many things as you can, and have a few examples of job tasks I did that were reflected by the clusters (which are easier in My opinion for them to talk about vs CANmeds which the clusters are in disguise). They touched slightly on things out of their scope like my volunteering, but I think it should mainly be about what they know or have seen you do. Hope that helps!

Can I PM you?

Archived