Premed 101 Forums

Can racism blacklist you from med school admissions?

JohnLe

Seems like a jerk move.  I doubt there's anyone that has never said anything potentially offensive in private before including yourself.  Screwing this person over is not going to get you into med.

This is also probably why so many people on facebook suddenly changed their usernames prior something critical like the Carms match.

20 minutes ago, regular said:

Seems like a jerk move.  I doubt there's anyone that has never said anything potentially offensive in private before including yourself.  Screwing this person over is not going to get you into med.

This is also probably why so many people on facebook suddenly changed their usernames prior something critical like the Carms match.

I would personally not do it, but I know others who would probably try this since it has been shared with a good amount of people.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:26 AM, JohnLe said:

I would personally not do it, but I know others who would probably try this since it has been shared with a good amount of people.

and they wonder why we spend so much time trying to teach people in medical school about social media. 

I don't know the exact outcome but in general it can very seriously damage your career. 

On 7/24/2018 at 10:45 PM, JohnLe said:

Say you had a snapchat video of a premed saying a few racial slurs, would one be able to present that to adcoms and blacklist them?

Extremely yes. Now the question is should someone do this, and it depends. I can imagine scenarios where it would definitely be the right thing to do and ones where not so much.