Premed 101 Forums

Early Deadline

It doesn't affect your chances, you just get notified whether you got an interview or not a day or so earlier than other applicants, so you get to choose the imterview timeslot ahead of others. But I wouldn't rush submitting my application by the early deadline just to sign up early for an interview slot (assuming you get an interview)

29 minutes ago, scorpio said:

It doesn't affect your chances, you just get notified whether you got an interview or not a day or so earlier than other applicants, so you get to choose the imterview timeslot ahead of others. But I wouldn't rush submitting my application by the early deadline just to sign up early for an interview slot (assuming you get an interview)

literally this. I wouldn't recommend doing a push for the earlybird deadline

When I applied under the normal deadline, I still got my desired interview day and timeslot.  In fact, many seats in each time slot were still available at the normal deadline check-in.  So, chances are, you'll be just fine in selecting your desired day/timespot for an interview.  

I applied for regular deadline and still got my preferred interview slot. Just make sure once you get the invite you sign up as soon as you can.

That being said -  waiting that extra day for the invite felt like 100 years, and in that moment oh man did I wish I did do the early deadline. But you'll survive haha!

Archived