Premed 101 Forums

Possible to reschedule MCAT to January?

I’m really sorry to hear that, I hope you’re doing alright. The thing that’s most important is taking care of yourself, and I personally know the emotional toil a broken relationship cna have in studying or academic performance. If you think you can work past it, you cna try, but if not then definitely reschedule. It all depends on how you feel, how it affects your studying and practice/mock Mcats performance. Most schools either take your most recent score or best score, no average or anything. I myself wrote it twice to try to increase my score. 

I hope you take care of yourself first. I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry to hear you're going through this. My major concern with January would be that you wouldn't be applying this cycle (except for Ottawa). There's nothing wrong with waiting till next year if you're simply not ready.

For canadian schools, retaking MCAT is low risk so you can have multiple bad attempts. I know one person who took the test in winter and didn't do so well, but they were studying in the fall and not during the summer like you. 

In any case I hope you find the strength to work through it, you can do it!