Premed 101 Forums

UdeM-Athabasca-McGill course equivalencies

delilah

Hi,

I am a prospective applicant to McGill for 2018-2019. I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding course equivalency between McGill and University of Montreal and between McGill and Athabasca University, through past experience or if they managed to contact the Admissions committee (I’ve been unsuccessful). 

Here are the courses from Université de Montréal that I would like to verify:

-BIO1153 (Biologie cellulaire) = BIOL201(Cell Biology and Metabolism)?

-Does CHM1984 (Chimie organique) fulfill the “introductory Organic Chemistry” course in Options 2 prerequisite courses? 

-BIO1634 (Principes de physiologie animale) = PHGY209 (Mammalian Physiology)? 

And from Athabasca University:

-PHYS202 (Introductory Physics III) = CEGEP Electricity and Magnetism course (203-NYB-05)?

-CHEM350 (Organic Chemistry 1) = CEGEP Organic Chemistry 1 (202-LCU-05)? 

Thanks for any and all info!

On 7/30/2018 at 9:58 AM, delilah said:

Hi,

I am a prospective applicant to McGill for 2018-2019. I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding course equivalency between McGill and University of Montreal and between McGill and Athabasca University, through past experience or if they managed to contact the Admissions committee (I’ve been unsuccessful). 

Here are the courses from Université de Montréal that I would like to verify:

-BIO1153 (Biologie cellulaire) = BIOL201(Cell Biology and Metabolism)?

-Does CHM1984 (Chimie organique) fulfill the “introductory Organic Chemistry” course in Options 2 prerequisite courses? 

-BIO1634 (Principes de physiologie animale) = PHGY209 (Mammalian Physiology)? 

And from Athabasca University:

-PHYS202 (Introductory Physics III) = CEGEP Electricity and Magnetism course (203-NYB-05)?

-CHEM350 (Organic Chemistry 1) = CEGEP Organic Chemistry 1 (202-LCU-05)? 

Thanks for any and all info!

For BIO1153 at UdeM, it is not equivalent with BIOL201: 

Try continuing using this system: https://nimbus-ssl.mcgill.ca/exsa/search/searchEquivalency for the rest. 

The Office of Admissions is pretty good at replying generally for these things. I would follow up and see.

Oh thanks, I hadn't seen that even though I did use that search engine (but I think I searched BIOL201 so it didn't pop up for some reason). Are they more flexible for med applications? Because that search engine is used to transfer credits. 

23 minutes ago, delilah said:

Oh thanks, I hadn't seen that even though I did use that search engine (but I think I searched BIOL201 so it didn't pop up for some reason). Are they more flexible for med applications? Because that search engine is used to transfer credits. 

I think they are generally more flexible.

There is an exemption/substitution section here: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/basic-science-prerequisites

Make sure you get in contact with them early!

Archived