Premed 101 Forums

Are prerequisite grades assessed?

Are the grades of the prerequisite 2 full course equivalents in life sciences and 1 in social sciences, humanities or a language assessed? U of T's website lists that no minimum grade is required but also does not mention how it is used. Is it merely a check for completion or is it in our best interest to put down our courses with the highest grades?

Also, it says that psych courses at UofT are considered life sciences? They are under the faculty of social sciences at my university. If I wanted to use a psych course as a social science prerequisite, should I contact admissions to make sure they will accept it? 

Thanks! :) 

16 hours ago, caramilk said:

Are the grades of the prerequisite 2 full course equivalents in life sciences and 1 in social sciences, humanities or a language assessed? U of T's website lists that no minimum grade is required but also does not mention how it is used. Is it merely a check for completion or is it in our best interest to put down our courses with the highest grades?

Also, it says that psych courses at UofT are considered life sciences? They are under the faculty of social sciences at my university. If I wanted to use a psych course as a social science prerequisite, should I contact admissions to make sure they will accept it? 

Thanks! :) 

It is a checklist on their part to essentially show you have "some science" under your belt. 

Psychology courses are based on the definition of your home university. UofT psych is under science courses because it's offered by their science faculty. If your psych courses come from an "arts" faculty, it is eligible to be used to count towards the humanities/social science requisite. 

Archived