Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS ABS question!

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if it was alright to put a link in the description box of an extracurricular activity, for example, a SoundCloud rapper putting a link to their mixtape. In my case, it is my Devpost profile, as it contains a lot of projects I worked on and I feel like 150 Characters doesn't do it justice! 

Thanks!

Personally, I wouldn't, firstly because it would take up valuable character space. Second, the reviewers are very busy and you can't guarantee that they'll open the link and explore all your projects. That's your job to describe them succinctly even if it's a challenge. If they were very interested, they could look it up themselves if you gave them your profile info. However if I was a reviewer with curiosity, I wouldn't necessarily gain anything more from listening to your page than what you would've described in the box. I wouldn't know how or be able to judge the quality of your work or anything. I'd only rely on accolades which is something you can put in the description anyways. Hope you see what I mean!

5 hours ago, Eudaimonia said:

Personally, I wouldn't, firstly because it would take up valuable character space. Second, the reviewers are very busy and you can't guarantee that they'll open the link and explore all your projects. That's your job to describe them succinctly even if it's a challenge. If they were very interested, they could look it up themselves if you gave them your profile info. However if I was a reviewer with curiosity, I wouldn't necessarily gain anything more from listening to your page than what you would've described in the box. I wouldn't know how or be able to judge the quality of your work or anything. I'd only rely on accolades which is something you can put in the description anyways. Hope you see what I mean!

I see exactly what you mean, Thanks!