Premed 101 Forums

Queens MCAT

16 minutes ago, helicase said:

The minimums are unknown. That being said, 125 seems to be the minimum for the sciences, 126 seems to be the minimum for CARS. Overall, a safe total is 510, but 508 has been seen in the last 2 cycles. 

508? Really? I was assuming my 511 last year was what prevented me from getting an interview. All my individual scores were 127 or above so I'm guessing it wasn't the MCAT. 

3 minutes ago, medbruh said:

508? Really? I was assuming my 511 last year was what prevented me from getting an interview. All my individual scores were 127 or above so I'm guessing it wasn't the MCAT. 

Yes, someone got in with a 508 two cycles ago. Your score definitely seems like it'd be above cutoffs. 

5 hours ago, helicase said:

The minimums are unknown. That being said, 125 seems to be the minimum for the sciences, 126 seems to be the minimum for CARS. Overall, a safe total is 510, but 508 has been seen in the last 2 cycles. 

So I have above 125 in each section but less than 508. Should I bother applying this cycle? Or wait until next cycle?

3 hours ago, medhopeful'17 said:

So I have above 125 in each section but less than 508. Should I bother applying this cycle? Or wait until next cycle?

Less than a 508 is definitely pushing it. I mean if the application fee isn't an issue and you're applying other places anyway, might as well give it a shot but I don't think I've seen lower than a 508. You never know though and cutoffs may change year to year. 

Archived