Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Scores Sent to OMSAS

Hey all, I'm a first time applicant and have yet to open the OMSAS app but I was just wondering what the process is of getting AAMC to send OMSAS my MCAT results. Also, if I am not getting my results from MCAT back until after the app is due Oct 1, how would this work? For Schulich Med for example it says that you must just write the mcat before the app is due Oct 1, which I will have but won't have my scores back yet until later in Oct. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

On AAMC, click get MCAT score, log in, then under the My Reports tab, click Send scores electronically. Select your schools, submit, and that's it! The schools will then have access to retrieve your scores.

The schools have a MCAT deadline of sometime in October/November for that last test date. That's when they know the last test results for that application are released.

Awesome, that's really simple, thanks for your reply!

Not sure how familiar you are with Shulich Med, but for them it says you must have written the mcat prior to the application deadline, which is Oct 1. So if one writes the MCAT during a Sept date and will not get scores back until October, would we have to wait to submit the scores then?

On 8/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, T-cell said:

Awesome, that's really simple, thanks for your reply!

Not sure how familiar you are with Shulich Med, but for them it says you must have written the mcat prior to the application deadline, which is Oct 1. So if one writes the MCAT during a Sept date and will not get scores back until October, would we have to wait to submit the scores then?

Yes you would, but you don’t need to send your scores to OMSAS before you send your application because OMSAS must receive your scores by Nov. 1st. Let’s say you write on Sept. 18th, then you’ll get your scores on Oct. 23rd, which you will then send your scores electronically. It can take 2-3 days for OMSAS to receive them once you send your request, so make sure you do it as soon as you receive your score. 

1 hour ago, Premed_Girl said:

Can somebody please tell me how you can confirm that OMSAS has received your MCAT score? On the AAMC, I chose to submit my MCAT score to OMSAS, but I'm not sure if it's been sent? Thanks!

It’s just under “Document Tracking”. There’s a section for your MCAT score, which will be filled out once OMSAS receives it.

• 1 month later...

OMSAS just replied to me:

"Thank you for your email.

MCAT scores will not display on Document Tracking until after the application has been submitted.  They are downloaded once a week and will display on Tuesdays.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email."

All is well!

Archived