Premed 101 Forums

Can't decide what to do between 2 job opportunities...

Indecision can lead you with nothing. Asking to extend the time to accept is signaling you have greater interest in another potential job. If I was your potential employer, I would say "sorry" and explain there are other acceptable candidates if you are not interested. 

It would be a bit of a shady move, but you could always accept the first job offer, start work while interviewing for the second job, and then quit for this new opportunity if you get it (provided quitting the first job will not be burning important bridges). It is hard to say how appropriate this would be without knowing more about the specific positions.

5 hours ago, Bambi said:

Indecision can lead you with nothing. Asking to extend the time to accept is signaling you have greater interest in another potential job. If I was your potential employer, I would say "sorry" and explain there are other acceptable candidates if you are not interested. 

2 hours ago, robclem21 said:

It would be a bit of a shady move, but you could always accept the first job offer, start work while interviewing for the second job, and then quit for this new opportunity if you get it (provided quitting the first job will not be burning important bridges). It is hard to say how appropriate this would be without knowing more about the specific positions.

Thanks for the replies. I would say both jobs are a bit related since they are both offered through the Athletics department at my school...I am not really sure what to do!