Premed 101 Forums

YouTube Channel for Current and Future Physiotherapy Students

Hello, PT people! I just launched an informative YouTube channel called The Canadian Physio Student. 

I started this channel in order to create videos that address and answer common questions and concerns of current and future physiotherapy students. In addition to that, I plan on showing you guys what my experience is like in a physiotherapy program in Canada (Queen's to be exact) by uploading "A Day in the Life" type videos.

Click the link below to find out more about what my channel is all about! Enjoy.

Hey PeaTea30!

I'm really enjoying your videos, thanks!

I noticed you did your undergrad at Western.  I'm applying to both Western and Queen's this year for PT.  Do you have any advice for an applicant to either of these schools?  What are the differences between each school in regards to what they are looking for in an applicant?

I've heard that Western is heavily focused in Orthopedics.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Mo.Physio!

Thanks for the kind words! To answer your question, I would say both programs are great - as a matter of fact, all programs in Ontario are great and will give you all the tools necessary to become a competent physiotherapist in the future. 

To address the differences, I plan on collaborating with students from all the schools in Ontario so that I can get their take on their respective programs and to highlight how their program differs from the other programs in Ontario. So stay tuned for those videos!

Lastly, I've read a lot about that Orthopaedics focus on this forum before; however, I don't know too much about the validity of that statement, so when I collaborate with some Western students, I will make sure to ask them about it! I just don't want to spread any false information right now if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the questions :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, PT people!

Here is a video interview I had with one of my physiotherapy professors. During this interview we discussed the importance of "soft" skills in physiotherapy practice. 

If you're really thinking about pursuing PT, definitely check out this interview. It's never too early to start learning about the profession!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello PT people!

Check out my interview on the biopsychosocial model in physiotherapy practice!

If you're interested in PT, you should definitely give it a watch. There has been a recent paradigm shift in how we provide care as PTs, so learning about this topic is very important. It's never too early to start learning about the profession!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...