Website to check your chances for each school

bluecastel

Website to check your chances for each school  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be useful to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. What has helped you the most to figure out your chances so far?

• Premed101 posts
    • Medical school websites
    • School counsellor
    • Friends
    • Past applicants
    • Some sort of service
  3. 3. Is this something you would pay a small fee for?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - depending on how the value it provides

I'm building a website that tells you what your chances are based purely on your GPA and MCAT score for each school. I thought of this after talking to a friend who had difficulty making sense of all the data out there on medical school admissions. Is this something that would provide value to you? Thanks for your time.

I don't think so. For American pre-meds knowing your chances at particular schools is important because you have to select which ones to apply to, whereas in Canada you just apply to any/all that you can. The only thing that would be useful is a chart of matriculation data, just to see what the mean and minimum accepted GPAs/MCATs are (I think I've seen something like this before). Same goes for interviews, but I'm not sure if schools release those data.

It would be pretty meaningless to know that your chances are 40% at UofT and 60% at Mac (even if you could do this accurately which I doubt because the process is too random), because anyone applying to Ontario schools will apply to both and hope for the best anyway.

So basically I don't think what you're describing is possible, and if it was somehow possible I don't think it would be helpful at all. It would just be a weird obsessive neurosis-producing tool for pre-meds to use masochistically.

Archived