Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers Already Contacted?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked back at the previous years threads and lots of people had verifiers contacted in Oct/Nov and some had none contacted whereas others had 12. It’s so unpredictable so it’s best probably to try not to read into it as much as we want to. Hopefully everyone’s verifiers respond positively!! 

Two of my verifiers were contacted tonight. I feel like it is early in the application process but UBC could do things differently and get right to it. Are the applications reviewed alphabetically? Has anyone else received notice from their verifiers about the university getting in touch? Let me know what you think.

Would it really be valid to assume that people who had verifiers contacted early submitted better applications? The first verifications were supposedly made no more than one business day after the submission deadline. If they could somehow filter through almost 2000 applications within about a day that would be a reasonable conclusion but I doubt that that's the case. This theory could hold true if verifiers were contacted within a month of application deadline but surely not within a week, let alone a day. (Unless they have an algorithm that somehow filters for really good entries???)

14th - Friday - Submission Deadline

15th - Saturday - No one working

16th - Sunday - No one working

17th - Monday - Certain verifiers contacted

Excerpt below is from a 2014 blog post by UBC. If that still holds true then anyone who receives the full file review will have a verifier(s) contacted. This post was from late October, and from another part of the post, they stated that they hadn’t completed all file reviews yet, so not everyone would have had a verifier contacted yet. I don’t think we can make any conclusions based on timing/number of verifier contact.

3)      How many verifiers do you check and why? We check at least one verifier (usually more) for every applicant who receives a full file review. Sometimes we check a few, sometimes we check them all. We contact them either via email or phone. Verifiers are checked both randomly and for specific reasons. This is an integral component of our evaluation process. It helps to ensure that what you have written is an accurate reflection of your experiences.

Haven't heard from any of my verifiers yet, but I also did not explicitly tell any of them to let me know if they were contacted. :wacko: I would think that because some of them that are familiar with the application process, they would let me know anyway, but still...hmm.

Archived