Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2018/2019 cycle

First time IP applicant and got my invite this morning!! 

GPA: 3.3-3.4, I think it converted to like 77%? I can’t really remember.

MCAT: 505

I think I had good ECs (health care related and community involvement) and I’ve been working all through my undergrad. 

So excited!! Good luck to everyone else!!

22 hours ago, CapriciousCapricorn said:

When is it likely for OOP applicants who may have undergone the full file review to hear about interviews? I don't think I qualify for an automatic interview based on my stats but I thought my essays and a master's degree would give me some leverage

Unfortunately, OOP get full file reviews after the interview. I called them to ask about this and they said they gave interviews based on MCAT (admissions said usually at least 126 per section) and GPA (mostly As, maybe one or two Bs) only. Really sucks cause my stats aren't competitive unless I was IP due to strong ECs/references, great essays, and an MSc. as well but had already paid the fees. 

3 hours ago, yeescience said:

Unfortunately, OOP get full file reviews after the interview. I called them to ask about this and they said they gave interviews based on MCAT (admissions said usually at least 126 per section) and GPA (mostly As, maybe one or two Bs) only. Really sucks cause my stats aren't competitive unless I was IP due to strong ECs/references, great essays, and an MSc. as well but had already paid the fees. 

Ugh so much for a holistic review for OOPs :( Hopefully we hear something next week! 

3 hours ago, yeescience said:

Geez...I am OOP and I have straight A grades undergrad, A grades M.Sc., A grades PhD, multiple papers and conferences, volunteering and leadership, but my MCAT sucks...two sections 125, so my only hope was the holistic review...anyways I wasn't putting much hope on MUN to be honest lol

20 hours ago, potential1999 said:

Geez...I am OOP and I have straight A grades undergrad, A grades M.Sc., A grades PhD, multiple papers and conferences, volunteering and leadership, but my MCAT sucks...two sections 125, so my only hope was the holistic review...anyways I wasn't putting much hope on MUN to be honest lol

This is pretty disappointing seeing as they never tell us beforehand that it is going to be this way. I also have a 125 section.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, yeescience said:

I'm a bit confused. If OOP's get full file reviews after the interview date, then how are they selected? Is there another interview date for those who are selected after a holistic review or a different process? Anyone have any insight on this?

41 minutes ago, Hello10101 said:

I'm a bit confused. If OOP's get full file reviews after the interview date, then how are they selected? Is there another interview date for those who are selected after a holistic review or a different process? Anyone have any insight on this?

When I called, they just said the OOP full file review is after the OOP interviews are sent out (they said interviews are based on GPA and MCAT only due to the large number of applicants for such little spots that it wouldn't make sense for them to spend time reviewing so many apps)... so its only done for the individuals that receive an interview. As such, I guess it would make sense that the full file reviews would compliment the interviews to help select candidates for those 6 spots. 

5 hours ago, x2019 said:

OOP GPA 3.97, MCAT 503 (125, 125, 125, 128), very good EC, haven't heard anything yet. Do we hear about rejection in October or later?

talked to admissions today and they told me that invitations will be sent out over the next coming week but we will be notified before the interview if we were unsuccessful.