Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS cannot submit application Error

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to lady on phone, basically its extended until evening (today). I asked specifically what time they said they dont know as they are unsure when it will be fixed by.

I also asked if this would affect our applications (submitting after the 4:30 deadline) she said no as everyone is experiencing this issue.

Just now, curlin said:

Talked to lady on phone, basically its extended until evening (today). I asked specifically what time they said they dont know as they are unsure when it will be fixed by.

I also asked if this would affect our applications (submitting after the 4:30 deadline) she said no as everyone is experiencing this issue.

you da real MVP

2 minutes ago, fakedocpizzaface said:

I just got off the phone with them and they said it should still be open til 5 pm, and to keep refreshing the page until you're able to submit your app. And if they're still having issues they'll contact the med schools and may extend it even further.

I can refresh and consistently get to the "Review and Submit" tab, but unfortunately it says that the programs are closed (7280 error code).

OMSAS System Issues – Deadline May Be Extended

October 1, 2018

Note: We are experiencing system issues and the OMSAS application is temporarily unavailable.

As a result the deadline has been extended until 11:59 pm today (October 1).

Please check back for details.

1 minute ago, xniper said:

OMSAS System Issues – Deadline May Be Extended

October 1, 2018

Note: We are experiencing system issues and the OMSAS application is temporarily unavailable.

As a result the deadline has been extended until 11:59 pm today (October 1).

Please check back for details.

WT

oh thank god. 

I went to the physical OUAC office at 4:30. Phones going off like craaaazy. The secretaries were nice but they just referred me to the News page which says the deadline may be extended.

I think there's no way they don't extend, it stopped working at like 3 not 4:25. A lot of people, myself included, already had their applications finished way earlier but left it open in case they want to change something, and then submit an hour before to be safe. 

3 minutes ago, i8aSS said:

Is anyone rich enough to mess with them by submitting it at 11:59 PM PST and then hiring a lawyer to sue them b/c they never specified the time zone? It doesn't feel right that they put us all through this much stress : /

Well I'm glad they were very reasonable in giving us way more hours than we would've lost to application errors, as a way to account for the unnecessary stress and possible timing issues. 

EDIT: I also just got another 502 proxy error so thats probably another reason why they did this

3 minutes ago, i8aSS said:

Is anyone rich enough to mess with them by submitting it at 11:59 PM PST and then hiring a lawyer to sue them b/c they never specified the time zone? It doesn't feel right that they put us all through this much stress : /

No, but if this doesn't work out in the next 7 hours, I'm 100% jumping on a class action haha

Archived