Premed 101 Forums

Chance me

T-cell

Hey, for anyone that has entered the CTF nursing program at western (2 year accelerated nursing) in recent years, what are the chances of me getting accepted with an 84% average of last 10 best credits, and as for pre-reqs, all completed with (2.0 phys, 1.0 anat and 0.5 stats) if this matters at all for admission purposes! 

Also, for anyone in the program, how possible is it to obtain a 3.8+ GPA in the 2 years? 

A nursing student here. I can't answer the first part of your question, but for the latter half of your question: Nursing is often highly subjective in its grading (assignments/ opinion based questions) and as a professional program makes it difficult to score a high GPA. one way is to overload courses and do well on those to try and off-set the weight of the other nursing courses.

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 4:49 AM, Pakoon said:

A nursing student here. I can't answer the first part of your question, but for the latter half of your question: Nursing is often highly subjective in its grading (assignments/ opinion based questions) and as a professional program makes it difficult to score a high GPA. one way is to overload courses and do well on those to try and off-set the weight of the other nursing courses.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. It would be helpful to me.

• 4 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, T-cell said:

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion for overloading with courses!

Since this is considered an undergrad degree, do you know if one would be able to apply to ON med schools with using grades of ONLY this 2 year program? 

anyone who has knowledge on this matter, I would truly appreciate your advice!

Depends on the school. For example, Ottawa looks at last 3 years so it would be nursing 2 years + last year of undergraduate. Mac will look at cumulative GPA for potentially all 6 years (after completion of nursing degree). Different schools have different ways they calculate GPA. For the schools that only use last 2 years then they will only look at nursing grades.