Premed 101 Forums

8 hours ago, lIlIlIIII said:

Hello

For one of my activities, I took part once every 3 months or so during school year for all 4 years of my high school. I am just wondering what the accumulated time would be because there's two ways to look at it. One would be to actually count the days that I spent doing the activity (less than 3 months) and another would be to count the duration that I was part of the team (more than 3 years)

*d. What has been your accumulated time commitment to this particular activity? (I.e., How long did you participate or have you been participating in this activity?) (E.g., If you have been in summer employment [June to August] every year for 3 years, your accumulated time commitment would be 9 months.)

You need to read instructions. This is clearly stated on the document itself.

1 hour ago, Neurophilic said:

*d. What has been your accumulated time commitment to this particular activity? (I.e., How long did you participate or have you been participating in this activity?) (E.g., If you have been in summer employment [June to August] every year for 3 years, your accumulated time commitment would be 9 months.)

You need to read instructions. This is clearly stated on the document itself.

But from that example, you don't know how many days worked per week and how many hours worked per day? I don't know what's so clearly stated about it and why you are so agressive lol.

According to that, I could have worked for an hour once a week from June to August for 3 years that that would still be 9 months HENCE MY QUESTION.

38 minutes ago, lIlIlIIII said:

But from that example, you don't know how many days worked per week and how many hours worked per day? I don't know what's so clearly stated about it and why you are so agressive lol.

According to that, I could have worked for an hour once a week from June to August for 3 years that that would still be 9 months HENCE MY QUESTION.

*c. Time spent performing this activity. (Choose one.)
___ hours per week

___ hours per month

Done only once

Done once every 2 to 3 months

Done once every 4 to 6 months

Between parts c and d all of that is addressed

8 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

*c. Time spent performing this activity. (Choose one.)
___ hours per week

___ hours per month

Done only once

Done once every 2 to 3 months

Done once every 4 to 6 months

Between parts c and d all of that is addressed

I think the problem is the unique nature of my activity. It's for "Self-directed Learning and/or Problem-solving/Critical Inquiry". Without giving away too much info, I was a member of a school team and we would participate in academic contests every so often (about once every 3/4 months). However, we would prepare for these events on our own time and on our own discretion. So even though the time spent performing this activity is like you say "Done once every 2 to 3 months", would it be reasonable to put my accumulated time commitment as something higher? (Say 3 to 6 or 6 to 12 mo.)

3 minutes ago, lIlIlIIII said:

I think the problem is the unique nature of my activity. It's for "Self-directed Learning and/or Problem-solving/Critical Inquiry". Without giving away too much info, I was a member of a school team and we would participate in academic contests every so often (about once every 3/4 months). However, we would prepare for these events on our own time and on our own discretion. So even though the time spent performing this activity is like you say "Done once every 2 to 3 months", would it be reasonable to put my accumulated time commitment as something higher? (Say 3 to 6 or 6 to 12 mo.)

Ah I see. I would include prep time. Your best bet is to indicate an average amount of hours per month. I would imagine your team would prep a few weeks in advance.

12 hours ago, lIlIlIIII said:

Hello

For one of my activities, I took part once every 3 months or so during school year for all 4 years of my high school. I am just wondering what the accumulated time would be because there's two ways to look at it. One would be to actually count the days that I spent doing the activity (less than 3 months) and another would be to count the duration that I was part of the team (more than 3 years)

You could go about it either way, where it makes a difference is the amount of hours per selected amount of time. For example, you could use the more than 3 years option, but for time performing activity it would be "Done once every 2 to 3 months". If you wanted to combine it, you could say less than 3 months, then put the time as hours per month or hours per week. I hope this helps!