Premed 101 Forums

Confused about my chances?

Hi everyone, 

I just received my mcat score and found out that I scored a 127 in CARS (511 overall). I also have a 3.91 cGPA and am designated as in province. Given this I was wondering if an average to slightly above average CASPer would qualify me for an interview? 

I have seen the accepted stats (3.87 avg +129 CARS for 204 matriculants) of the class of 2021. However, since about 550 interviews are sent out, would it be fair to assume that a reasonable number of 127s are interviewed. Also would you recommend a re-write for the mcat? 

Thanks for the advice... It is greatly appreciated !

9 hours ago, Bobaroni said:

Hi everyone, 

I just received my mcat score and found out that I scored a 127 in CARS (511 overall). I also have a 3.91 cGPA and am designated as in province. Given this I was wondering if an average to slightly above average CASPer would qualify me for an interview? 

I have seen the accepted stats (3.87 avg +129 CARS for 204 matriculants) of the class of 2021. However, since about 550 interviews are sent out, would it be fair to assume that a reasonable number of 127s are interviewed. Also would you recommend a re-write for the mcat? 

Thanks for the advice... It is greatly appreciated !

I have pretty much the same stats as you (127 CARS, 3.92 cGPA, IP). Based on the last stats sheet I looked at, I think there were around 20-30 matriculants with 127 CARS (not sure about their GPA). So they probably did interview more people than that with 127 CARS... Yes, considering our cGPA is above average but CARS is below, we probably need at least that for an interview. After taking CASPer Sunday, I'm definitely expecting a rejection lol. There's also a lot of luck in this process, who knows... Fingers crossed for you! :)

Archived