Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

A week ago I messaged SPOT in McGill, they said they haven't sent out any rejections to those who didn't make the top100 yet. It's been a week, and some people got accepted. I don't know if anyone got rejected this week. I haven't heard anything. I have a 3.5 cGPA ... I don't know how I did on CASPer. Second time doing it, it went better than the first time. 

1 hour ago, Lhomsi said:

A week ago I messaged SPOT in McGill, they said they haven't sent out any rejections to those who didn't make the top100 yet. It's been a week, and some people got accepted. I don't know if anyone got rejected this week. I haven't heard anything. I have a 3.5 cGPA ... I don't know how I did on CASPer. Second time doing it, it went better than the first time. 

Has anyone on here received a rejection letter from McGill PT or OT? 

I still haven’t heard anything and am getting worried. 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:03 PM, nextOT said:

Hi fellow 2019 applicants! 

I thought it would be nice to continue the tradition of having this thread for applicants! 

Applied + (PT or OT?):
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I applied for SLP and OT. Perhaps in the future years, someone can include SLP into the thread too! 

13 hours ago, HiPlausibleOTer said:

I applied for SLP and OT. Perhaps in the future years, someone can include SLP into the thread too! 

It’s actually on a different website call the gradcafe. If you google “2019 Canadian SLP Thread” then you should be able to find it!

7 minutes ago, OT/PT said:

Does almost every student who gets into the qualifying year at Mcgill go on to the masters? Or is there a percentage that goes on posted somewhere?

From what I read in the FAQ section on the McGill website, as long as students in QY (OT) maintain at least a 3.0 average they are guaranteed a spot into the masters program

https://www.mcgill.ca/spot/programs/admissions-0/admission-faq