Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

4 hours ago, OT2019Hopeful said:

How do get access to ROSI/ACORN??

I'm not a current UofT student but I had applied in high school to complete my undergrad there. I decided to check the email I had used for that application and I found my ACORN account details there!

13 hours ago, OTtobe said:

Has anyone who has been accepted to Dal (recommended to the SGS) received the official letter/email from then SGS yet? If so about how long after getting the email from Chrissy did you hear from the SGS? And mail or email?

I got my acceptance from Chrissy on April 9th and received my acceptance via email from FGS on April 16th. If you have multiple emails make sure to check both! I have a Dal email and my acceptance from Chrissy went there and my acceptance from FGS went to my gmail. 

I did not receive an email from Queens regarding scholarships, but I applied for OT, not PT. I'm also probably not the best person to listen to, as I am basically certain that I'm not getting in this year (due to an unpolished CV that I submitted while I was very sick). Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Have any OT applicants received emails about scholarships? 

On 5/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, OThopefully said:

Hey everyone,

I just called the U of A OT admissions office. They gave me the following information:

They have not gone down the waitlist at all yet but so far will only be going down 3 spots (I’m sure tons more movement will occur once Ontario schools are out)

They also told me that although I’m in the top half of the waitlist that I am in the second quarter so 25-50 range. 

Good luck to everyone continuing to wait and don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. 

Hi did U of T send out acceptances for OT!?!?

17 minutes ago, Claire55340 said:

What is the Goldman Sachs scholarship? I never noticed it when I looked at Queen’s scholarships. Looking forward to next week!

It’s a Queen’s scholarship for children of immigrants that only Physio applicants received. The interesting thing is that in 2017 and 2015 there was an assumption that receiving this email meant that you were later accepted to Queen’s Physio. Reason being, not everyone got the email from Queen’s, people that didn’t have immigrant parents received the email, and the past forum posts confirmed that applicants that received the email got an acceptance. 

Unsure of if this is true for this 2019 cycle because there’s no record of how many people got the email, and if they changed the policy for this, or if it’s even true, etc. All up to speculation!

Congratulations to those who got admission in O.T .

Regarding  O.T admissions,  kindly let other members knows, that, have you received an email for  acceptance, waitlist or rejected,   from University of Toronto, Queesna, Western Ontarion and  MacGill ( O.T) .  Kindly inform here. 

56 minutes ago, Maria21 said:

Regarding  O.T admissions,  kindly let other members knows, that, have you received an email for  acceptance, waitlist or rejected,   from University of Toronto, Queesna, Western Ontarion and  MacGill ( O.T) .  Kindly inform here. 

Ontario schools (U of T, Queens, Western) don’t release this information until May 17 

56 minutes ago, Maria21 said:

Ontario schools (U of T, Queens, Western) don’t release this information until May 17