Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

8 minutes ago, Hopefulpt2019 said:

I haven’t heard ANYTHING from queens or Mac PT on orpas or on Macs website... is this happening to anyone else? (Maybe different province or last name letter?) Or does this just mean bad news :( 

Which province are you from? I'm on the west coast and haven't heard anything

Just now, PPTTT said:

Which province are you from? I'm on the west coast and haven't heard anything

i haven't heard anything from queens or mac, only UofT - sounds like western was giving out rejection but havent heard about wait list offers from queens or mac

Does anyone know how accepting an offer works? I want to go to Queens and haven't heard anything but got an offer to UofT. If I accept UofTs offfer does that remove me from the wait list at Queens? Or can I still wait out for an offer from Queens and then remove my acceptance to UofT?

I got waitlisted upper third for Western. 

Declined for Mac and UofT

I haven't heard back from Queen's but also somehow just realized I never got a confirmation of application email from them despite applying alongside all my other schools-anyone else experience this?

11 minutes ago, Futureot said:

I haven't heard back from Queen's but also somehow just realized I never got a confirmation of application email from them despite applying alongside all my other schools-anyone else experience this? 

I didn't get any confirmation from Queens since January 2nd either...not just you. I got emails from both Mac and UofT

I've been accepted to Mac, UofT (Mississauga Campus) and Western for OT. I am still waiting to hear back from Queens but I am expecting a rejection due to a low cumulative GPA. I will most likely be accepting Mac's offer (hopefully this helps those on the UofT and Western waitlists). For reference, I am OOP, SubGPA 3.88. All offers were on ORPAS at midnight and emails followed about 30 minutes later. 

18 minutes ago, Futureot said:

Were you declined for Mac OT or PT? Thanks

1 hour ago, optimisticOT2019 said:

While this is a very exciting day for many this can be a devastating day for others. For that reason, I am leaving the number for Crisis Services Canada - 1-833.456.4566. Wishing everyone the best when receiving today's news.  

Thank you for this number ! I’m a second time applicant. I didn’t get in despite having a higher GPA this time around ! I guess I wasn’t meant to be an OT. 

Accepted to Western OT, waitlisted for U of T, rejected from MAc OT. A note to all hopefuls that haven’t heard back for 2019...don’t get discouraged! I’m a second time applicant with a low sub gpa (3.66, and low cumulative gpa 3.51) and I used the year off to get work and volunteer experience. It’s so easy to get down on yourself especially I you have your heart set on OT, but apply again! I also applied to nursing and other programs to keep my options open: but am very glad I tried OT again. I put some serious effort into the application and got it peer reviewed, and having prior experience with CASPAR I think helped (I had done it before for an application last year). Good luck to everyone out there and keep your spirits up! 

For those that were accepted to U of T for OT did you take full course loads (i.e. 5 classes per sem) throughout undergrad? I have a sub-gpa of 3.93 and cumulative of 3.92 as well as various volunteer/research experiences including two years in an OT clinic and I was rejected from U of T, not even wait listed :(. I am assuming it may be due to my reduced course loads (3-4 classes per sem) that may have made my application look weak, or maybe I didn't have as extensive volunteer experience as some others. But I thought U of T placed heavy emphasis on GPA... can anyone advise.

4 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

For those that were accepted to U of T for OT did you take full course loads (i.e. 5 classes per sem) throughout undergrad? I have a sub-gpa of 3.93 and cumulative of 3.92 as well as various volunteer/research experiences including two years in an OT clinic and I was rejected from U of T, not even wait listed :(. I am assuming it may be due to my reduced course loads (3-4 classes per sem) that may have made my application look weak, or maybe I didn't have as extensive volunteer experience as some others. But I thought U of T placed heavy emphasis on GPA... can anyone advise.

I mostly took 5 classes per term except for two terms (one in 3rd and 4th year each). How were your references?

I got OT offers from U of T (St. George), Queens, and Western! I will be firmly accepting the U of T offer so spots should open up at the 2 other schools and at U of A. 

For those of you who might have not gotten in, are waitlisted, and/or are second/third time applicants - I have deep respect for your perseverance and determination. I hope next time around those of you who feel discouraged right now will feel redeemed and will get into your desired programs! 

1 hour ago, OT1996 said:

I took full course loads in first and third years, 5 and 4 courses in second year, but only 3 and 4 in fourth year! 

3 hours ago, nic. said:

Does anyone know how accepting an offer works? I want to go to Queens and haven't heard anything but got an offer to UofT. If I accept UofTs offfer does that remove me from the wait list at Queens? Or can I still wait out for an offer from Queens and then remove my acceptance to UofT?

Congratulation on getting into UofT. If you firmly accept an offer, I believe you would be removed from the list of other schools. So I would wait for a while