Premed 101 Forums

Realignment of Doctor's Income

On 11/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, rmorelan said:

Yeah binding arbitration ultimately is the only real defense to the single provider system we are dealing with. We should have gotten all of that codified an extremely long time ago. 

In the long run I will say I don't know what the OSA will do - that is the interesting thing and problem with politics - it is volatile. In 3 months a relatively thrown together organization has shattered part of the OMA.  Who knows what they will be able to do moving forward - particularly if they do manage to get a good deal moving forward. Not saying that is good or bad actually - only that it is hard to dismiss any possibility in the current climate. The OMA never even really responded to the creation of the OSA viewing it as little more than a joke. Over and over again lately in politics that is exactly the sort of arrogance that to the downfall of many established people/groups. Interesting as well many of the groups you are correct in saying voted no - that still was a relatively close vote for them (ha except for emerg).   

The OMA didn't even reverse relatively - the simply put it down the line as a decision point basically expecting it to happen regardless. I found that move interesting - something that required a collective vote to do was changed at least conceptually without a vote of the members at large. That organization is more than a little confusing at times. 

Ha, and Dr. Jacobs is clearly of the conservative mindset - and he is far from alone in that. The majority of doctors do vote conservative in seems by the polls - which was initially a bit surprising to me. I am recycling my point but I don't think people are expecting the OSA to get some great deal but rather to be in an organization that doesn't ever disadvantage part of its membership even to benefit another group. This wasn't a vote for pro Jacobs politics but against the OMA's long standing inability to what its members were hoping for. 

Any source for these polls?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived