Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa OT alumni??

Hey! First off, thank you. I found it difficult to find specific information on the program on their website. I will be an out of province candidate (not QC) with a strong French background.

1) Do they look into your cumulative-gpa or your sub-gpa to rank for interviews?

2) What seems to be the minimum gpa to receive an interview? I can only imagine it being lower than the other Ontario schools because of the amount of applications they receive. 

3) I noticed in another link that interview invites were sent out early March, is this true? I will have to buy a last minute plane ticket if I receive an interview?

4) Their interviews this upcoming cycle are march 11-13th, how much time after that do you know if you got in? 

5) I assume your classmates are from all over Canada? Or are they mostly from Ontario?

Thanks again!

Hey!

1) They look at your sub gpa to rank for interviews

2) I think the GPA is lower than others but couldn't say exactly what it is, mine was around 3.7. The interview is also half English half French and they strongly weigh bilingualism in your interview score (I think it counted for 25% or something last year of the interview score).

3) Last year the interview invites were sent out March 3rd. Unlike other schools though, they will reimburse some of your travel. 

4) You find out the same day as all of the other Ontario schools. 

5) I would say were about 2/3 from Ontario, the rest from the East Coast. I also have one classmate from Manitoba and another from Alberta. 

As a French student from Manitoba you would be applying for the out of province spots (18%) and also the CNFS spots (12%) because you would be considered French living in a minority French population. 

Hope this helps!

Archived