Premed 101 Forums

What time do we need to submit by on Nov 1st

Slickrick

55 minutes ago, SEAL said:

Deadline for MDCM document submission is 9 pm Montreal time.

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting

We should probably contact admissions to be sure,  but this issue was actually debated in the 2nd thread I referenced earlier.  

From the website (url that was cited):

DEADLINE ► This step must be complete before 9 p.m. (Montréal local) of the application deadline (November 1 for medical programs, March 1 for Med-P program - unless those dates fall on a weekend or statutory holiday, in which case the deadline will be the Monday or business day following). **Documents submitted after the application deadline will not be considered.

From the wording above, it would seem that "9pm of the application deadline (Nov 1)" is only the deadline for paying the application fee, i.e. if you complete your application/pay the fee after 9pm, you won't get your McGill student ID number until 9pm the next day and hence will be past the deadline (past Nov 1).
However, it seems that submission of documents is still accepted after 9pm (until 11:59pm) of the deadline (Nov 1), and this is corroborated by several forum users in that thread...

1 minute ago, medium fundamental said:

We should probably contact admissions to be sure,  but this issue was actually debated in the 2nd thread I referenced earlier.  

From the website:

DEADLINE ► This step must be complete before 9 p.m. (Montréal local) of the application deadline (November 1 for medical programs, March 1 for Med-P program - unless those dates fall on a weekend or statutory holiday, in which case the deadline will be the Monday or business day following). **Documents submitted after the application deadline will not be considered.

From the wording of admission's website, it would seem that "9pm of the application deadline (Nov 1)" is only the deadline for paying the application fee, i.e. if you complete your application/pay the fee after 9pm, you won't get your McGill student ID number until 9pm the next day and hence will be past the deadline (past Nov 1).
However, it seems that submission of documents is still accepted after 9pm (until 11:59pm) of the deadline (Nov 1), and this is corroborated by several forum users in that thread...

If you don't have a McGill ID at all, you should probably get started right away so that you can submit the docs.

If you already have it, I would err on the side of caution and be sure to submit everything prior to 9 pm. 

Thanks for the detailed info!

3 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

If you don't have a McGill ID at all, you should probably get started right away so that you can submit the docs.

If you already have it, I would err on the side of caution and be sure to submit everything prior to 9 pm. 

Thanks for the detailed info!

Oh agreed, no doubt about that!

The precision about being able to submit until 11:59pm is for the OCD people tinkering with the CV until the last possible moment (I'm pretty sure I submitted my CV at 11:30pm last year).

Archived