Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2018/2019 - Class of 2023

KingdomSquares

Just now, Pharm9696 said:

Wait they already gave the rejections too? did they give you a reason for the rejection?

Ya rejections have gone out! and no they didn't give a reason :/ im assuming its my GPA based on others saying that the interview decision is mainly GPA based.

15 minutes ago, Pharm9696 said:

Why are you all acting like you didn't get in when they haven't even emailed the interview decisions fully yet it was only one round. 

I wonder how many invites they sent in the "first round" then? I would assume they already sent out the majority of invites they need to fill.

1 minute ago, LethyPharm said:

I wonder how many invites they sent in the "first round" then? I would assume they already sent out the majority of invites they need to fill.

Did they even mention anywhere there is even a "first round" I'm just speculating based on the posts above. They may have already sent out all the invitations, but if we haven't gotten rejected yet, I'm assuming they're waiting til people reply before the 7th based on ur email with Carol I guess.

29 minutes ago, Pharm9696 said:

Did they even mention anywhere there is even a "first round" I'm just speculating based on the posts above. They may have already sent out all the invitations, but if we haven't gotten rejected yet, I'm assuming they're waiting til people reply before the 7th based on ur email with Carol I guess.

Seemingly based off of previous years, it looks like they usually send a second round of invites after people have accepted or rejected their offer. Now the way they go about that I’m not too sure, although it does seem like they might have sent a lot of invites out and then will send a few more later. I don’t know if it would make sense for them to send out 300+ invites all at once. But who knows lol ! 

11 hours ago, Pharm9696 said:

nope, never heard them mention that before. They have obviously chosen their most wanted candidates already, but sounds like there will be a few more sent out depending on how many people reject the interview. 

Hi guys,

Sorry to jump in so late, I don't know if I posted this before or now, but I GOT AN INVITE TOO!

I think the stats might help others who are waiting or wondering what happened, so here's me:

Bachelor of sciences from UBC, already graduated.

My overall gpa is 84 and my first year core average is 82. My last 30 credits is 86.1.

I did tons of volunteer work since I was aiming for medschool as well, but that doesn't factor in much for the interview invites. 

They told me it's solely based on gpa.

The email that they sent, says if we don't get your reply by sunday April 7th,  your spot will be offered to someone else. I think this means there is a second round of invites coming. So keep your hopes up!

2 hours ago, pharmmy said:

Does anyone know if second round of invites are coming out today...? It's stressful to wait this long

Seriously i've been waiting for my rejection email so i can finally get this off my chest and stop refreshing my emails. i don't know whats taking them so long to send them out. Their giving us false hope. 

16 minutes ago, Pharm9696 said:

Seriously i've been waiting for my rejection email so i can finally get this off my chest and stop refreshing my emails. i don't know whats taking them so long to send them out. Their giving us false hope. 

Yeah, i just sent out an email asking about it. I've been refraining from sending it out but it's past the April 7th deadline. I need to plan my summer accordingly but I can't do that without knowing whether or not I got an interview. 

10 minutes ago, pharmmy said:

Yeah, i just sent out an email asking about it. I've been refraining from sending it out but it's past the April 7th deadline. I need to plan my summer accordingly but I can't do that without knowing whether or not I got an interview. 

I have a feeling the email could go out any second tbh what time does their office close?