Premed 101 Forums

How long did it take them to email you your McGill I'D after paying?

Slickrick

5 minutes ago, Slickrick said:

No. Are you waiting as well?

No, but I'm applying tonight and want to make sure I actually get to apply. According to this page (https://mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting) you must submit before 9pm on deadline day so that you get you McGill ID number in time. 

Hopefully you hear back soon. Keep us updated :)

10 minutes ago, yohohoy said:

No, but I'm applying tonight and want to make sure I actually get to apply. According to this page (https://mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/submitting) you must submit before 9pm on deadline day so that you get you McGill ID number in time. 

Hopefully you hear back soon. Keep us updated :)

Sure. Keep me updated as well haha

2 hours ago, Cuttlefish said:

Do any of you know how many credits a standard BSc degree is? I can't find that anywhere but it asks for it in the academic workbook

It's okay if you don't know! If you enter in all your courses, on the very last page it will tell you the total amount of credits you had. You can then go back to the page where you give information about your degree and choose the credit range that reflects the credits you had. I originally chose a range that was too low and then went back and fixed it after it gave me my total amount of credits (after entering in all of my courses)! Hope this helps! 

48 minutes ago, plansformed2015 said:

Hello! Is anyone still waiting on their McGill ID? I have contacted the admissions office and they said it should be on its way at some point today (I submitted the request early yesterday morning) -- I have my documents all ready to go, but hope it doesn't come close to the deadline!  :|

19 hours ago, Slickrick said:

Sure. Keep me updated as well haha

Hey everyone, 

I called McGill today and the lady told me that as long as you submitted before the deadline tonight it's ok if you get your McGill ID after the deadline and can only upload your supporting documents on Minerva then. Just remember that the workbook is meant to be emailed so do that by tonight. Otherwise just have your other documents ready for when you get access to Minerva.

At least, this is my understanding based on what the lady on the phone said :)

19 minutes ago, plansformed2015 said:

Thanks for this!  Is it then better to submit our workbook by email before the deadline to be safe, even though it says that it is incomplete without the McGill ID? 

Ah my mistake. I would guess that means you should wait until you get your id before submitting it. 

It must be nervewracking but glad someone made the call! I remember it was quite on time last year so seems unusual. 

Just felt like telling you guys that our class website has been having some technical difficulties this week and I'm not sure if it's the same people who manage admissions stuff but we're all tired from it. So hang in there, I hope it gets sorted out very soon!