Premed 101 Forums

November 2018 DAT Thoughts

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TheGreatPiper said:

Anyone know how long it takes to study for the DAT? And is it doable while taking a few classes during the winter semester?

It depends on how much experience you have with the material. If you're familiar with the topics and have experience with writing these sorts of tests (e.g. MCAT, OAT, etc.) then it'll take less than 2 months to study. Otherwise it may still take 2 months (depending on how intense you study) or more. Some people take 4 months (a whole summer) or more or less.

It's best to gauge this yourself by looking at what you need to know. You can check the DAT website for the list of topics you need to cover and/or visit your local bookstore for a DAT book and estimate it yourself.

TL;dr - depends on what you think you can do

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, yampotato said:

how do you guys study for the PAT section?? I've used DATbootcamp, DAT crusher and crack the DAT for the Novemebr 2018 test. But I don't think I can afford DATbootcamp this time, so I only have DAT crusher and crack the DAT, is that enough? What other resources should I use?

I used Bootcamp, crackthedat and DAT crusher. Personally I found crackthedat to be a waste of money. DATcrusher seemed to be the most accurate representation of the real DAT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, yampotato said:

how do you guys study for the PAT section?? I've used DATbootcamp, DAT crusher and crack the DAT for the Novemebr 2018 test. But I don't think I can afford DATbootcamp this time, so I only have DAT crusher and crack the DAT, is that enough? What other resources should I use?

Use the DATCrusher generators to print the questions and practice on paper.

And if you're using DATCrusher and CracktheDAT, you'll be fine. I personally used DATCrusher for a lot of the sections and did well. Just be sure to pay attention to the questions they ask for chemistry, you'll get similar questions on the real DAT.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 1:18 PM, toothurty said:

If it makes any of you better schools like UofT and Western barely care about DAT anymore. I know tons of people who have gotten in with mediocre dat scores, myself included. GPA and interview are way more important. 

what was your dat score if you dont mind me asking?

Archived