Premed 101 Forums

Help with school List and what to improve on

leo98

Hey everyone! I am a 3rd year Canadian undergrad student and I won't be applying until next years cycle, but I wanted to get a little ahead and research some schools. I listed my stats below and some schools that I think might fit with my stats. I would really love any advice on if my school list is pretty good and how to improve myself as an applicant. Also wanted to let you guys know that I will most likely be applying to US DO schools as well, but my first choice would be an US MD school. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me, thanks for taking the time to read my post

Stats

GPA: 3.84 (probably closer to a 3.87 by the time of applying)

cGPA: 3.81 (probably closer to a 3.85 by the time of applying)

MCAT: 514 (129/127/128/130) (My CARS section is what I'm kind of upset about, but I really don't want to and most likely won't retake the test)

1 summer working in the Collections department in the Finance department at a company

2 weeks of shadowing a hospitalist (over this winter break)

Volunteering at a hospital (approx. over 150 hours by the time I apply)

Volunteering in an Animal behaviour lab (currently have maybe over 50 hours, but planning to volunteer there all of next summer)

Volunteering in a biology lab (20 hours, manuscript to be published)

2 years as a faculty of science representative for welcome week (1 year as an executive coordinator)

1 year as VP Social for program society

US School List

George Washington

Michigan State

Maryland

Virginia Commonwealth

Wayne State

NY Medical College

SUNY Upstate

SUNY Stony Brook

Tulane

Georgetown