Premed 101 Forums

med schools that doesn't care about the province

PREMED 202

From my understanding Queen's and Toronto are the only two schools who don’t have any policy regarding location of the applicant.

uOttawa has lower cutoffs for people who are from the Ottawa Region, but no specific quota for In-province or Out of province.

Western  has SWOMEN but again no specific quota.

Mcmaster will award 95% of interviews to applicants from Ontario, but don’t have a specific cutoff on how many people are admitted.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:58 PM, Aetherus said:

Mcmaster will award 95% of interviews to applicants from Ontario, but don’t have a specific cutoff on how many people are admitted.

Also if I understood well Mcmaster considers you IP if you did your undergrad (at least 3 years) in Ontario even if you were not living in Ontario during this time (Good to know for uOttawa students who were living in Gatineau :P ):

«Ninety percent of interview positions will be given to those who qualify as (1) Province of Ontario Resident, and 10% to those who qualify as (2) Outside Ontario .

To qualify for (1) above, an applicant must: (a) be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident by the application deadline, and (b) have resided for at least three years in Ontario since the age of 14 by the date of possible entry to the program. Attendance at a university in Ontario for at least three years by June of the year of possible entry to the program satisfies the second requirement.»

On 11/12/2018 at 6:58 PM, Aetherus said:

From my understanding Queen's and Toronto are the only two schools who don’t have any policy regarding location of the applicant.

uOttawa has lower cutoffs for people who are from the Ottawa Region, but no specific quota for In-province or Out of province.

Western  has SWOMEN but again no specific quota.

For McMaster it is 90% not 95%. 

Archived