Premed 101 Forums

MD/PHD Selection Process

Hi there, 

I am wondering if anyone knows if applicants to the MD/PHD program at UofT have their ABS, essays and MD letters of reference scored and factored into their MD/PHD application. It says on the website that there is a "separate adjudication for each program" and that the MD/PHD committee does not see the MD application reference letters. I am wondering if when applying to MD/PHD only the personal essay, CV, and MD/PHD  letters of reference are used as non-academic criteria ? And the MD application letters of reference, ABS and personal essays are only used if not successful at the MD/PHD program and therefore being scored for the MD program? 

Can anyone confirm this?

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 4:23 PM, medhopeful'17 said:

Hi there, 

I am wondering if anyone knows if applicants to the MD/PHD program at UofT have their ABS, essays and MD letters of reference scored and factored into their MD/PHD application. It says on the website that there is a "separate adjudication for each program" and that the MD/PHD committee does not see the MD application reference letters. I am wondering if when applying to MD/PHD only the personal essay, CV, and MD/PHD  letters of reference are used as non-academic criteria ? And the MD application letters of reference, ABS and personal essays are only used if not successful at the MD/PHD program and therefore being scored for the MD program? 

Can anyone confirm this?

Your best resource is the official University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine website for the MD/PhD Program information for prospective students:

http://applymd.utoronto.ca

As well, while perusing the website, look for the Admissions Blog, they feature a highly informative video/s on the admissions process for both the MD Program and the MD/PhD Programs.

4 hours ago, MedSierra said:

Your best resource is the official University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine website for the MD/PhD Program information for prospective students:

http://applymd.utoronto.ca

As well, while perusing the website, look for the Admissions Blog, they feature a highly informative video/s on the admissions process for both the MD Program and the MD/PhD Programs.

Hello Adcom @MedSierra. Please extend me an invite to your school. K thx bye.

Archived