Premed 101 Forums

Hi all,

I'm a 1st time poster who like some of you has been in university for quite some time now... I started out taking a BSc in 2011 (taking me 5 years) and received atrocious marks. I pushed through, graduated and took a year off to recollect. That year off has done WONDERS and I am now in my second year of nursing achieving about a 90% avg in my studies (still taking full credits every semester). I've enjoyed what nursing has offered me, however I wondered if there was any inkling of a chance of me getting into a med school. I searched through this website and found a forum (most recently updated in 2012) which outlined the policies that each med school in Canada had for students applying with a second undergraduate degree. Because I have always lived in BC, I would apply as an OOP student (with a second degree) to as many that I could be eligible for. According to the 2012 forum I believe my best bet would be applying to U of Saskatchewan (UBC doesn't really offer any revised gpa calculation with a second degree...). I was hoping to make a revised outline of the policies for second undergrad applicants and if anyone has any extra information on this topic, it would be GREATLY appreciated!! 

Thanks for reading!

Archived