Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

1 hour ago, NKcell said:

I’m in second year Med. The year I got accepted, we didn’t receive the interview update email until Nov 28th, and then I received the interview invite on Dec 15th which was the Thursday, and mid December haha. The week of Dec 10th is likely when they’ll come out, which actually isn’t late. Last year was just pretty early. 

Yeah haha that makes sense and thanks for letting us know!  I was really hoping we get the initial email on Friday yesterday, but oh well I guess it’ll be this Monday.  Yup, I definitely agree, invites will most likely come out week of the 10th.

47 minutes ago, ATG4B said:

Thanks for the info! I guess it’s just a case of hurry up and wait... I can’t even fathom how many hours must go into reviewing all the applications. I’ve been on award committees where I’ve had maybe 50 applications to read, and even that was exhausting by the end! 

Yeah, I know right?  It’s a ton of work for sure.  I’m glad that they implement systems to make sure everyone is evaluated equally and fairly.

I guess we can breathe easily this Monday!  :lol:

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NKcell said:

I’m in second year Med. The year I got accepted, we didn’t receive the interview update email until Nov 28th, and then I received the interview invite on Dec 15th which was the Thursday, and mid December haha. The week of Dec 10th is likely when they’ll come out, which actually isn’t late. Last year was just pretty early. 

But, correct if I'm wrong here. I believed on the UBC med website, under application timelines, it used to be advertised that invites go out early-Mid December. However, last year I noticed a change and it just says early December. Maybe I'm overthinking it haha idk

Hmmm really interesting, just took a look at the 2016 calendar.  If the initial update was sent on November 28th that year, that was still a 2-week difference between then and when invites were sent out week of Dec 12th.  That means... could invites come out week of Dec 17th this year?? :o  I seriously doubt that though lol

99% invites/regrets come week of Dec 10th

On 12/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, keener12345 said:

But, correct if I'm wrong here. I believed on the UBC med website, under application timelines, it used to be advertised that invites go out early-Mid December. However, last year I noticed a change and it just says early December. Maybe I'm overthinking it haha idk

That’s what I was thinking!! “Early” and “mid” don’t seem like they’d be the week of the 10th and then 2 weeks after that

A2D83835-6C1E-41B9-8B53-86D8400EECA7.png

10 minutes ago, nematoda said:

Anyone else starting to hate Mondays more than they usually do...LOL 

5 minutes ago, ILCguy said:

Tell me about it... I've been constantly refreshing my inbox since 8am.

Hahaha, well maybe not this Monday, but definitely next Monday!  Just don't get a heart attack when you get the "Interview Notifications" email (most likely today)!  That'll just be an email notifying us when interview decisions will be coming out, when the deadline is, etc.

Or.....

what if....

they forgot to send the initial update email completely and now today rejections are coming out???  :o:o:o

Jk jk  :lol:  (I hope...)

6 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Guys relaaaax.  Just be patient haha, we'll get an update soon :).

If by any chance we don't hear anything today, I promise to give them a call tomorrow and check on behalf of us all.

You're honestly the MVP of the UBC forum :D

26 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Guys relaaaax.  Just be patient haha, we'll get an update soon :).

If by any chance we don't hear anything today, I promise to give them a call tomorrow and check on behalf of us all.

Thanks so much! 

I'm also kinda worried now that they might just send rejections today without any update email! Since on their website it says interview invitations are early December, and the deadline to book an interview is mid December. I hope that I'm wrong though! 

18 minutes ago, Baljinderthecrow said:

Thanks so much! 

I'm also kinda worried now that they might just send rejections today without any update email! Since on their website it says interview invitations are early December, and the deadline to book an interview is mid December. I hope that I'm wrong though! 

Yeah haha, I know what you mean for sure.  Don’t worry too much though, I think they will definitely send that update email first.  Maybe Dec 10th is considered early December?  :P  I think they just didn’t update the application calendar to technically say something like “early-mid December” as they may have not expected the evaluation to take this long.  Hang in there!

Archived