Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites date?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Neurophiliac said:

What if... just what if they're doing another round of rejections today?  :o

Don't scare yourself until there's some evidence of it! They're probably just sending out interviews over the entire day, with some people getting priority interview choice for some reason. If someone gets a rejection today, you can start panicking, but until then, don't worry too much: No rejections have been sent out since 5:15 on Monday.

1 minute ago, amybp said:

I think it might be the auto bookings first??

Hang in there guys, you're so close! 

What is the need for autobookings? I assume there are enough interview spots for all invitees...Unless some people need to be accommodated for some reason to a specific slot, why do they autobook some interviews?

Just now, CoffeeNerd said:

What is the need for autobookings? I assume there are enough interview spots for all invitees...Unless some people need to be accommodated for some reason to a specific slot, why do they autobook some interviews?

Yeah exactly, I'm thinking at least for MD/PhD they need to be autobooked to go at a certain time (maybe?)

For mine, I have an additional section as an Indigenous applicant, so they needed to autobook mine for that. I think it's something like that for PhD/MD too..?

1 minute ago, CoffeeNerd said:

Some applicants need to do a secondary interview process - such as aboriginal applicants. My guess is that there are specific times allocated for these. 

3 minutes ago, amybp said:

For mine, I have an additional section as an Indigenous applicant, so they needed to autobook mine for that. I think it's something like that for PhD/MD too..?

2 minutes ago, Opichi said:

Some applicants need to do a secondary interview process - such as aboriginal applicants. My guess is that there are specific times allocated for these. 

Yup, makes sense.  I don't know any Indigenous applicants personally, so I didn't know this!  Good to know 

Seriously, if any of us get in, can we try and fix this application system? be a bit more transparent about when invites/regrets are sent out etc....

I think UBC is the only school that lets you know the exact week all the information is released haha, most schools just drop an email out of thin air

1 minute ago, CoffeeNerd said:

Seriously, if any of us get in, can we try and fix this application system? be a bit more transparent about when invites/regrets are sent out etc....

This is an admirable thought; however, I'm almost certain that medical students have absolutely nothing to do with university administration policies. Honestly, I hope none of us get the power to change it, because that means we are working for UBC Medical School as an administrator, and not as a physician.... 

Archived