Premed 101 Forums

Do I have a shot at Dentistry? (UWO)

Hi guys, 

I am planning to get into a dental school in Canada (most likely UWO). I received my BSc in Chem Eng in 2011 (outside of Canada) and my MSc in Chem Eng in 2014 from Queen's University. I work as a computer engineer now. 

My best two years undergraduate GPA is 3.75. 

If I got 22+ in DAT and A grades in prerequisite at UofT (Continuing education) and Ryerson (Chang School), will I have a chance to get an admission, or an interview? 

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 11:36 PM, aliparsa said:

Hi guys, 

I am planning to get into a dental school in Canada (most likely UWO). I received my BSc in Chem Eng in 2011 (outside of Canada) and my MSc in Chem Eng in 2014 from Queen's University. I work as a computer engineer now. 

My best two years undergraduate GPA is 3.75. 

If I got 22+ in DAT and A grades in prerequisite at UofT (Continuing education) and Ryerson (Chang School), will I have a chance to get an admission, or an interview? 

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

Master's get a "bonus" towards their GPA but not sure how much (you need to convert all your course grades into percent and then average them to know how you compare in terms of GPA. If it's not above 80% I don't think you are eligible and you may be close to that). If you got 22 in every section of the DAT that's amazing! And if you can really highlight your work experience as good preparation for dentistry the ABS section could be a real asset for you

Archived